Wisconsin Concealed Carry Stops Armed Robbery

Another concealed carry holder stops a man with a shotgun from robbing a Milwaukee grocery store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQsbdXQuZI
The wealthy surround themselves with gun toting security; they don't want the same for us working stiff !
Whrrly has off his meds again.Caution he is delusional...
What do you think the other shoppers thought about the guy carrying the concealed weapon in that grocery store, Ekim?
  • CJ7
  • 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM
What do you think the other shoppers thought about the guy carrying the concealed weapon in that grocery store, Ekim? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

opinions were prolly as mixed between the shoppers as they are on this board
The word is spelled "probably" and when there is more than two, the word is "among" not "between". However, I suspect there were far fewer shoppers upset that they saved from facing a man with a shotgun unarmed than those who were upset that the robbers were turned away, and they were safe.

Just a hunch.
Two things.

30,000 die from gunshot wounds each year.

Tens of thousands of robberies occur each year.

So how many robberies are stopped by an armed citizen each year?
I agree, Münchausenman. We need more armed citizens. You are absolutely right!
  • CJ7
  • 12-24-2012, 03:28 PM
The word is spelled "probably" and when there is more than two, the word is "among" not "between". However, I suspect there were far fewer shoppers upset that they saved from facing a man with a shotgun unarmed than those who were upset that the robbers were turned away, and they were safe.

Just a hunch. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

among time for your geritol, valium, and whiskey ?
Why, yes it is! Thanks for the reminder. And again, you avoided the point. Nice job, CBJ7!
  • CJ7
  • 12-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Why, yes it is! Thanks for the reminder. And again, you avoided the point. Nice job, CBJ7! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

point?

you ask a question ... a pointless one
What do you think the other shoppers thought about the guy carrying the concealed weapon in that grocery store, Ekim? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

How the fuck would I know what is in someone else's mind?I'm not a mind reader like you.I do know the guy was lucky there was only one robber..
Two things.

30,000 die from gunshot wounds each year.

Tens of thousands of robberies occur each year.

So how many robberies are stopped by an armed citizen each year? Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
I would love to see the statistics on just how many of those 30K deaths by gunshot came via a licensed and legal gun owner handling his own gun.

As for part two, I don't know. I would suspect there are many instances that fall into that category across the US. I would love to see those statistics on thwarted robberies as well. Plus the geographical locations of these robberies. I would like to compared the thwarted robbery numbers compared to the current gun laws in that city/state.
I agree, Münchausenman. We need more armed citizens. You are absolutely right! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You agree? With what you think I said?

That's why your opinions and your analysis of the President's actions don't mean shit.

You constantly misunderstand what's being said. This basic failing could be corrected if you asked for clarification instead of trying to supply it yourself.

You use the logic that just because it seems any one can be trained to be an attorney, that anyone can be trained to effectively handle a firearm and be counted on to take the correct steps when a confrontation occurs.

A typically ignorant line of reason used by someone who has not been in the military or the ranks of law enforcement. You have not seen first hand who is allowed to carry a weapon in the military.

The ability to think and act under fire while engaging a target and the ability to fire with accuracy and NO collateral damage is a rare skill, even in the military and police forces. This is a basic fact that will always be true. It takes an amount of training that no civilian will ever go through. Will never have his skills refreshed to the same level.

The point I was making and you were missing is that there are not enough and there will never be enough adequately trained people to effectively deal with the problem.

Flooding the population with even more guns as you suggest only guarantees that an armed jd or cog will be added to a situation that results in deaths other than the perp's. Perps need and receive no training. A scared, cowardly drugged up perp is more than a match for the vast majority of civilians who carry a concealed weapon.

The huge difference between civilians and police/soldiers is that the trained "pros" have their asses covered by law. The civilians don't. If you shoot the wrong person for whatever reason as a civilian, you will at best have your ass sued off and at worst you will go to jail