Dare to be positive

I don't care how sappy this sounds but I have been reading nothing but a bunch of negative and mean things throughout these threads and it's the holidays. Wow. So I dare everyone to calm down, take a breath and post something positive that's either going on in your life, or something positive about someone else. Here, I'll start it. I woke up today happy and healthy unlike some unfortunate people in the world and for that I'm truly thankful. KellyTNT, you have helped me in more ways than you know. You can always make me laugh and for that I thank you. THN, I haven't gotten The privilege to meet you in person but soon I hope to do so. But the messages we have exchanged have always left a smile on my face so for that I thank you. Now that being said I hope that this thread will stay on nothing but a positive level. I have a lot of other people I'm thankful for on this board but for now I will leave it at this. I hope everybody has a very happy but safe New Year's
  • hd
  • 12-27-2013, 08:27 AM
+1
Bravo, A fine Lady with a heart of gold!!!!!!!!
And Kelly....OMG :x massmilie63:
I hope you have the Happiest New Year ever, Jessica.
JJ it's amazing to see so little activity on this thread! Had you made this a bitch session or a gossip forum, we would have had 10 pages by now! Lol! I'm all about the glass being half full mindset! No matter how bad your situation someone else is worse off than U! Hopefully we can stop being so petty 2014! U only get one life to get it right! I know it's cliche but it's the truth! Better New Year!
+1 Jessica
Below is an inspiring video of a a boy with cerebral palsy running a race that is well worth the six minutes to view it. Below it is a shorter version if you prefer that, but I highly recommend the first link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXwRWGoFtr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmaDtbQ1nuA
Never let the bastards get you down!
You guys are awesome! Thank you for your posts.
And MobyDick my thoughts exactly. Simply amazing!
^^^^
Ditto
It is very sad how negative post garner the most attention, and I am just as guilty at looking and keeping them going.
I have not been here, EC, that long so I can't comment if it is a new trend or a common cycle but I do long for the early days of my arrival when things were more lighthearted and entertaining and less "Jerry Springer ish".
I notice personally I have become a bit more bitter, "Jade-ed" if you will here and outside of this thing of ours.
I don't want to call it a resolution but I will try to take a step back and be better going forward.
Thank you for taking the first step; I know the board will never be a bag full of rainbows and sunshine but hopefully we can get a few back.
Wishing EVERYONE a happy prosperous New Year.
^^^^
Ditto
It is very sad how negative post garner the most attention, and I am just as guilty at looking and keeping them going.
I have not been here, EC, that long so I can't comment if it is a new trend or a common cycle but I do long for the early days of my arrival when things were more lighthearted and entertaining and less "Jerry Springer ish".
I notice personally I have become a bit more bitter, "Jade-ed" if you will here and outside of this thing of ours.
I don't want to call it a resolution but I will try to take a step back and be better going forward.
Thank you for taking the first step; I know the board will never be a bag full of rainbows and sunshine but hopefully we can get a few back.
Wishing EVERYONE a happy prosperous New Year.
Originally Posted by bored@home
Thanks I applaud you!
Thanks Jessica! I can't wait to hang out! You seem like a total sweetheart! I feel you on the need for positivity. Seems like things around here have taken a huge nose dive lately. I think its easy to let yourself get baited this time of year if you advocate for the greater good. There's no shortage of scrooges who have been waiting to throw shit in the faces of anyone who erked their nerves for one reason or another. And rubber-necking traffic brings in advertisers to internet sites. Its just the nature of he beast.

Fortunately, they are far outnumbered by the nice people. But then the nice people take issue with the ugly cheap-shots and the result is nonetheless still negative.

PS: Thanks Moby. That was amazing. )
  • motor
  • 12-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Well, I hope Jessica and everyone has a wonderful weekend