More top secret docuemtns found, in a storage unit????

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...e-unit-2022-12

"It was suits and swords and wrestling belts and all sorts of things," the person told the Post. "To my knowledge, he has never even been to that storage unit. I don't think anyone in Trump world could tell you what's in that storage unit."
It was Trumps people. If anyone thinks Trump was hiding stuff in a storage can you may have issues. Trump sneaking around hiding classified information, yea we believe it, not. Oh by the way, it’s reported Obama still has files not turned over to library. That’s fine, right? The FBI was colluding against Trump before he got elected. Would a responsible person believe the FBI planed files!
It was Trumps people. If anyone thinks Trump was hiding stuff in a storage can you may have issues. Trump sneaking around hiding classified information, yea we believe it, not. Oh by the way, it’s reported Obama still has files not turned over to library. That’s fine, right? The FBI was colluding against Trump before he got elected. Would a responsible person believe the FBI planed files! Originally Posted by Chase7

I hope that we can all agree that top secret documents shouldn't be in a storage locker. Do I really need to explain why?

You seem to be be saying that I was inferring that Trump was hiding them there. I'm not. I thought that when I noted I don't think anyone in Trump world could tell you what's in that storage unit , that would suffice.

To get the full story on what happened is a process. What will need to be established is who removed these documents from the White House, Trumps residence, or wherever they were being legally held. Then find out if this person knew what they were moving, who told them to move boxes (or what ever), who assembled the material etc.

All of this could be explained without any nefarious intent. As the article that I read and posted stated, the search happened at the behest of Trump's lawyers. Why they felt the search was necessary is a good question, but that's a different step in the process. Again, top secret documents shouldn't be held in a F'n storage locker.

````

The FBI was colluding against Trump before he got elected.

That's an opinion. And Trump never denied that he has files that he shouldn't.

Would a responsible person believe the FBI plan(t)ed files!

I don't believe that the FBI plants anything.

Oh by the way, it’s reported Obama still has files not turned over to library

That could be. Relevance? As far as I know, while Presidential library's might hold documents that were once classified, they aren't any longer. They would have went through a process and vetted. I haven't seen any proof that Obama circumvented this process. I will look into it though.

If Obama did take classified documents, that of course would be wrong, but it's not a defense for others.
LOL, Top secret, tell us another one

Did you even read the article you linked. Like these important facts:

* A law firm hired by former President Donald Trump found at least two additional classified documents in a storage unit of his belongings in Florida

* The documents were found as part of an additional search to fully comply with a subpoena issued by the Department of Justice

* Trump's lawyers conducted the search at the government-run facility

* The West Palm Beach facility is maintained by the General Services Administration, which assists in presidential transitions.

* In September 2021, the GSA and Trump staffers coordinated to move them to the Florida facility, according to the Post.

* A person familiar with the search told the Post that the Florida storage unit was not cataloged and contained an assortment of gifts and clothing.

* "To my knowledge, he has never even been to that storage unit. I don't think anyone in Trump world could tell you what's in that storage unit."

So to recap, the government (GSA) moved them to a facility the government runs as part of a normal presidential transition. Trump has never been there or had no clue what the GSA sent there. Yawn.

Another big nothing burger.
LOL, Top secret, tell us another one

Did you even read the article you linked. Like these important facts:

* A law firm hired by former President Donald Trump found at least two additional classified documents in a storage unit of his belongings in Florida

* The documents were found as part of an additional search to fully comply with a subpoena issued by the Department of Justice

* Trump's lawyers conducted the search at the government-run facility

* The West Palm Beach facility is maintained by the General Services Administration, which assists in presidential transitions.

* In September 2021, the GSA and Trump staffers coordinated to move them to the Florida facility, according to the Post.

* A person familiar with the search told the Post that the Florida storage unit was not cataloged and contained an assortment of gifts and clothing.

* "To my knowledge, he has never even been to that storage unit. I don't think anyone in Trump world could tell you what's in that storage unit."

So to recap, the government (GSA) moved them to a facility the government runs as part of a normal presidential transition. Trump has never been there or had no clue what the GSA sent there. Yawn.

Another big nothing burger. Originally Posted by berryberry

I addressed this in my reply to Chase7. In my original post and to date, I didn't blame Trump for any of this.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, Administrations don't Google and hire Mikey's Moving service. A Government agency takes care of moving items. That doesn't negate that those documents shouldn't be there. If this is normal and there aren't top secret documents or items of concern in question, why did the lawyers feel the need to search?
"Chase7" you are thinking the man that was by far the greatest of all presidents other than maybe Lincoln never told his people to take those documents? He said he was smarter than the Military generals, smarter than the FBI, smarter than anything the CIA were involved in? They subpoenaed those documents for months before they finally got a warrant to search his properties.They didn't want to have to go to his properties but he forced their hand. They knew exactly where to go, his own people ratted on him.

Do you guys think that maybe Trump stoled all of those documents for Melania because she has family in Russia? That way her relatives would get a lot of money instead of living in poverty. Or maybe he is trying to have her come into his bedroom if only for his birthday. Just a thought.

When Kennedy was in office he was doing a Russian spy, do you think maybe Trump is married to one? She actually said she hated Christmas, I think she said What do I give a fuck about Christmas. So what she is saying is she is not a God fearing Christian.
I addressed this in my reply to Chase7. In my original post and to date, I didn't blame Trump for any of this.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, Administrations don't Google and hire Mikey's Moving service. A Government agency takes care of moving items. That doesn't negate that those documents shouldn't be there. If this is normal and there aren't top secret documents in question, why are these lawyers concerned? Originally Posted by String Nutts
And yet you bothered to try and make a big deal out of this with this thread. No lawyers are concerned. They searched things the GSA packed up and shipped as part of the subpoena request. They found 2 documents the GSA possibly should not have packed and identified them.

As I said, another big nothing burger.
And yet you bothered to try and make a big deal out of this with this thread. No lawyers are concerned. They searched things the GSA packed up and shipped as part of the subpoena request. They found 2 documents the GSA possibly should not have packed and identified them.

As I said, another big nothing burger. Originally Posted by berryberry

I never made a big deal of anything. I simply posted an article - no editorial made. In my second post I said, All of this could be explained without any nefarious intent.

Did the GSA pack things up or just move boxes? I don't see where that has been established. GSA consists of two major services: the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), and the Public Buildings Service (PBS). They might have top secret clearance, that is relevant. But top secret documents just shouldn't be there. Common sense and the other items found there confirm that. If the GSA packed the items, then either they took things that shouldn't have or items were given to them that shouldn't have gone.

* A person familiar with the search told the Post that the Florida storage unit was not cataloged and contained an assortment of gifts and clothing. Yeah, that can't be good. Top secret documents sitting somewhere with no notation anywhere?

No lawyers are concerned.

I did make that claim, but it does say that the search was part of the subpoena issued by the DOJ. So my comment was made in error. My apologies.

At any point will we agree that it's important to know where top secret documents are and that these weren't handled correctly? IIRC there are four classification levels. So far, none of the higher levels have been reported to be found. But things are labeled secret for a reason. I hate making hypothetical scenarios, but let's say that there's a picture of a President shaking hands with Putin. No biggie right? Putin meets with US Presidents. But let's say this picture wasn't published because in the back ground a person, an item or something that might be revealed to another country. Because of that an innocent looking picture gets a top secret status.
  • Devo
  • 12-08-2022, 12:00 PM
This is the entire problem, who declared them declassified, and whether that person is allowed to do that.

As I understand it the Pres can declassify anything, and poof, its done.

We have seen Dem Presidents do that with thousands of thousands of retained documents, like 33K for Obama IIRC, and, thats just fine.

But anything Trump does is a crime, regardless of his power to declassify or not.

These are continued MSM attacks, which, will only end when DeSantis gets the nod for the next Presidential election, and, then, Trump will drop from sight, and he will be the next white devil.
  • Devo
  • 12-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Ok, you can infer I'm a racist now.
I appreciate what you're doing here, String. You're modeling a solid approach to informing and discussing here, as well as well-reasoned push backs.

The reason for the search is tied to a judge's instructions related to a subpoena. This is similar to the earlier efforts to try to ensure all documents that should have been turned over were turned over.

They weren't. Also note that I believe this was in a government run storage facility and not a random storage locker you and I would have access to. Even with that caveat, any marked materials shouldn't be there, co-mingled and uncatalogued.
Ok, you can infer I'm a racist now. Originally Posted by Devo
Why? What does that have to do with this convo? Nada.

Better that we just move on
This is the entire problem, who declared them declassified, and whether that person is allowed to do that.

I don't see that they were declassified. Where did you see that?

As I understand it the Pres can declassify anything, and poof, its done.

I know people here keep saying that, a simple search says otherwise.

https://www.americanbar.org/news/aba...ial-authority/

In all cases, however, a formal procedure is required so governmental agencies know with certainty what has been declassified and decisions memorialized. A federal appeals court in a 2020 Freedom of Information Act case, New York Times v. CIA, underscored that point: “Declassification cannot occur unless designated officials follow specified procedures,” the court said.
This isn’t even a story. Some federal employees putting shit in boxes doesn’t strike me as particularly newsworthy.
I never made a big deal of anything. I simply posted an article - no editorial made. In my second post I said, All of this could be explained without any nefarious intent.

Did the GSA pack things up or just move boxes? I don't see where that has been established. GSA consists of two major services: the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), and the Public Buildings Service (PBS). They might have top secret clearance, that is relevant. But top secret documents just shouldn't be there. Common sense and the other items found there confirm that. If the GSA packed the items, then either they took things that shouldn't have or items were given to them that shouldn't have gone.

* A person familiar with the search told the Post that the Florida storage unit was not cataloged and contained an assortment of gifts and clothing. Yeah, that can't be good. Top secret documents sitting somewhere with no notation anywhere?

No lawyers are concerned.

I did make that claim, but it does say that the search was part of the subpoena issued by the DOJ. So my comment was made in error. My apologies.

At any point will we agree that it's important to know where top secret documents are and that these weren't handled correctly? IIRC there are four classification levels. So far, none of the higher levels have been reported to be found. But things are labeled secret for a reason. I hate making hypothetical scenarios, but let's say that there's a picture of a President shaking hands with Putin. No biggie right? Putin meets with US Presidents. But let's say this picture wasn't published because in the back ground a person, an item or something that might be revealed to another country. Because of that an innocent looking picture gets a top secret status. Originally Posted by String Nutts
1. Your comments are trying to make a big deal of this. It was a search conducted by Trump's lawyers at his request in response to a subpoena. The government (GSA) moved these with a bunch of other stuff Trump received to a facility the government runs as part of a normal presidential transition. Trump has never been there or had no clue what the GSA sent there. A big nothing burger, yet here you are going on about it.

2. No where does it say they are "top secret". That is another lie you have spread. The article states "found at least two additional classified documents. Classified does not equal top secret. The government classifies all kinds of routine shit

3. Yes, the GSA packed up the boxes. That is what they do as part of a Presidential transition. Do you really think President Trump packed up all his things to move?