Only one book.

• oden
  • 01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
If you met an alien and there was only book that you could recommend, what would it be?
  • WTF
  • 01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
The orginial Huckleberry Finn. See if he can figure out WTF all the fuss is about.
The orginial Huckleberry Finn. See if he can figure out WTF all the fuss is about. Originally Posted by WTF

Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig.
Actually, I don't think a book is appropriate any more. Just show him/her how to log onto the 'net, and let him/her explore.
a Bible
a Bible Originally Posted by atlcomedy
That was the first book I thought of too. I'll have to think of another book.
That was the first book I thought of too. I'll have to think of another book. Originally Posted by Ansley
Just out of curiosity: did you think of it b/c it's a popular answer to this type of question, or because you read it on a regular or even semi-regular basis?
Just out of curiosity: did you think of it b/c it's a popular answer to this type of question, or because you read it on a regular or even semi-regular basis? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Yes, I read it every night.
Because Aliens need saving?
Because Aliens need saving? Originally Posted by Sa_artman
Just out of curiosity: did you think of it b/c it's a popular answer to this type of question, or because you read it on a regular or even semi-regular basis? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Fair question...not because I read from it everyday, although as part of a service I read from it or listen to portions of it regularly...

..believe me I'm no "Bible Thumper"

but simply put it was an honest answer...what more significant book is there is you can pick just one...even if you don't follow the belief system in it...for at least giving this "alien" context about our society?
The God Delusion- Richard Dawkins
The Alchemist by Pablo Coehelo ( I don't know if I spelled his last name right)
The God Delusion- Richard Dawkins Originally Posted by Valerie
Strong choice! Nothing sexier than a hawt contrarian!!!
  • 01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
our society? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
your society?