Let's see if we can meet in the middle, bipartiasian thread

One thing I don't like is people sitting in comfortable offices in a controlled environment telling us at what age we should retire. Republican, conservative, liberal, democrat, none seem to have a clue.

I worked a very physically demanding job spending 30% of my career up on tall ladders, 5% using hooks to climb poles, be it 30 degrees with a wind chill of 15 degrees to 100 degree days with the heat index of 110 degrees. One weekend around Christmas 1989 the temp got down to around 10 degrees and I had a bad water leak at my house, spewing water all over the place and I couldn't tend to it. Lot's of guys had damage from Ike, Harvery, Beryl and couldn't get an hour or so to tend to their homes. We really didn't work in the rain unless it was to get people's lights back on. From 1978 to around 1995 we didn't even have air conditioning in our trucks.

My complaint isn't about my job, but people telling me at what age I should retire. They have no idea about what all we went through from people holding a gun on us to having people put their dogs on us. I still have scars on my hand and thumb from when a pit bull was allowed out of the house and the owner knew I was in his back yard.

Of course if we retire at 63 versus 66, we take a hit on social security. Retirement age isn't a one size fits all.
I agree the full retirement age of 66 (the age where you don't take a hit on the benefit you will receive) should not change.

I have only heard Republican Senator Ted Cruz pushing for an increase to 67 or higher.

They need to change the original formulas so the money does not run out in 2035.
DJ, the libtards here are soooo far left that the middle is somewhere between Joyce Reids butt cheeks.
DJ, the libtards here are soooo far left that the middle is somewhere between Joyce Reids butt cheeks. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
bahahaha

if they were any more far left they'd be .. conservative republicans

who knew?

bahahaaaa
That didn't last long.
I tried.
... Then let's carry-off with it, mates.

... Not sure IF you're better off taking the Security benefit
at age 62 or later. ... Reckon that depends on when you choose
to leave yer job... Some people have money in the bank,
while some are at the mercy of government relief.

All the decisions are different as are the reasons for them.

#### Salty
I’ve paid into the system my entire life starting at the age of thirteen. Raising the retirement age at this point is a real punch in the balls. Our choices are either to raise fico taxes or to raise the retirement age. I’m a big believer in the former rather than the latter.
... Agreed there, mate... But talking of "changing the retirement age"
and actually having the legislation to do it are two different things.

#### Salty
DJ, the libtards here are soooo far left that the middle is somewhere between Joyce Reids butt cheeks. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

JFK would be a right wing extremist if he put forth his policies today in the Democrats eyes.
JFK would be a right wing extremist if he put forth his policies today in the Democrats eyes. Originally Posted by farmstud60
JFK sent the National Guard to University of Alabama in 1963 so that Black students could register for class. Gov George Wallace, Senator Strom Thurmans good buddy, would not let black students register for class. This was almost a hundred years after the Civil War ended. How would what JFK did be considered right ring?
Can you explain that???