Turtle Boy spending taxpayer $$ for nothing

• CJ7
  • 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Spending $$ for nothing? Care to explain?

Do you think that bugging a political opponent's campaign office is "nothing"? Did you ever hear of Watergate?
  • CJ7
  • 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM
read the article, it explains itself.

Mitch is spending our $ on a non threat issue ... Judd dropped out before he called in the FBI
Hmmm. Maybe, but I find it hard to believe somebody is "bugging" a strategy meeting about Ashley Judd. I bet it's a staffer and the tape ended up in the wrong hands.
read the article, it explains itself.

Mitch is spending our $ on a non threat issue ... Judd dropped out before he called in the FBI Originally Posted by CJ7
Oh, I see.

If your opponent drops out, then the crime never occurred. Is that it?

Thanks for clarifying.
Hmmm. Maybe, but I find it hard to believe somebody is "bugging" a strategy meeting about Ashley Judd. I bet it's a staffer and the tape ended up in the wrong hands. Originally Posted by timpage
That's a good possibility.

But they may not have been specifically targeting the strategy meeting about Ashley Judd. There might be a long-term bug in place that recorded lots of meetings. This is just the one that leaked.
  • CJ7
  • 04-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Oh, I see.

Thanks for clarifying. Originally Posted by ExNYer

you assume it was a crime
Oh, I see.

Thanks for clarifying. Originally Posted by ExNYer
That's a good possibility.

But they may not have been specifically targeting the strategy meeting about Ashley Judd. There might be a long-term bug in place that recorded lots of meetings. This is just the one that leaked. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I bet Nixon wished it was that simple.
you assume it was a crime Originally Posted by CJ7
And you don't want it investigated in case it is a crime. Right?

If a bug is in place by a third party that eavesdrops on the conversations of others, it is a crime.

In some states, it is legal to record your own conversations without the consent of other persons in the conversation.

But that is the purpose of the investigation, right? If an aide taped his own conversation, he may be fired, but no crime. But if the Dems bugged the office to record the conversations of others, then there is a crime. Adn that is why the FBI got called.

There may be a whole lot more recorded conversations - not just Ashley's meeting.
  • CJ7
  • 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
And you don't want it investigated in case it is a crime. Right? Originally Posted by ExNYer
I could care less either way, its a non issue. I just wanted to get a reaction from all of the people that are against wasting government $$.

Thanx.
David Corn and Mother Jones (where the article that has McConnell's panties in a wad was published) are denying it was a "Watergate style bugging". They're claiming the recording was provided to them by an anonymous source.

The recording ain't pretty....as evidenced by the GOP attempts to get out in front of the story. Reporting it to the FBI, and calling on all Democrat and progressive organizations to condemn the supposed bugging. Fucking bunglers, watch them screw it up.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...-style?ref=fpb
You said it is a waste; what is a waste is spending millions on vacations for the Obama's....investigating this is NOT a waste.
I could care less either way, its a non issue. I just wanted to get a reaction from all of the people that are against wasting government $$. Originally Posted by CJ7
Only YOU assume it is $$ wasted.

If campaign crimes are being committed, the investigation money is well spent. We have too much political corruption as it is.

And you are advocating we look the other way. Because, you know, we don't want to waste money trying to keep politics clean, do we?
You said it is a waste; what is a waste is spending millions on vacations for the Obama's....investigating this is NOT a waste. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Be careful what you ask for. McConnell and the rest of his scumbag staffers are overheard contemplating some pretty dirty campaign tactics in relation to Judd. I'm sure you're on board but a lot of people, like a lot of women peoples.....might not be.

And, it's pretty clear that neither the author, or the magazine that published the article, were involved in recording the meeting. McConnell might be shooting himself in the foot here...be interesting to watch.
  • CJ7
  • 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Only YOU assume it is $$ wasted.

If campaign crimes are being committed, the investigation money is well spent. We have too much political corruption as it is.

And you are advocating we look the other way. Because, you know, we don't want to waste money trying to keep politics clean, do we? Originally Posted by ExNYer

Im not advocating anything ... Willard didn't call in the FBI when a tape of him fell through the cracks did he? Turtle Boy is in total damage control mode and the American taxpayers are paying for it ... typical republican