Magnolia's Cafe

I just read with some interest that President Obama paid a surprise lunch visit to Magnolia's Cafe on Park Avenue in Rochester today after giving a speech at Buffalo.

Even though I don't live in Rochester, I know that neighborhood because of two retired providers and one active one.
I know that there are some disappointed Buffalonians who were wondering if he were going to hit up Duff's again, or decide to check out Anchor Bar or Charlie the Butcher.
It’s now common knowledge that the President ordered some type of tomato soup with artichoke hearts and shredded cheeses and half of a grilled cheese sandwich.

The owner of Magnolias had the wherewithal to, after the Presidential visit, order more stock in the anticipation of patrons coming in and saying, “I’ll have what the President had”. And that’s exactly what happened.

As an aside: My definition of a true patriot, in my humble opinion, like Obama and his policies or not, he’s still our president, and he should be welcomed to our city and treated with respect.
Nick Tahou Hots was supposed to be one of several places that were considered before Magnolia's was chosen.

If President Obama had gone there and ordered the garbage plate, he would have been in deep trouble back home with Michelle!
so the chicken went for the artichoke soup.

seems Michelle's balls lock box is better than Hilliary's.
funny how his caravan never takes him down jefferson ave..

im sure theres no eating establishments on that street though....
Surprised he didn't go to Popeye's.

If they ran out of chicken again he could have sent in a drone.

Which one of you Rochester guys tried in vain to get his attention at Magnolia's?

just sayin

yet then

Sweet column: "Y'all have Popeyes out in Beaumont?" Obama on ...

blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/.../sweet_column_yall_have_popeyes.ht...‎
Feb 29, 2008 - Barack Obama talks about how he would use the bully pulpit if president, and ... homework and stop letting them grow fat eating Popeyes chicken for breakfast. ... I know some of y'all you got that cold Popeyes out for breakfast.
he would have been in deep trouble back home with Michelle! Originally Posted by jackfengshui

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Ive-show.html

Paula Deen: Michelle Obama loves fried food and ate more than any other guest I've had on my show
  • First Lady kept on eating during the commercials
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2cw76g2wE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
funny how his caravan never takes him down jefferson ave..

im sure theres no eating establishments on that street though.... Originally Posted by JONBALLS
When I was in high school my summer job was riding the pop truck. I used to help the driver deliver the pop. When we did Jefferson Ave. we'd stop at this convenience store and get Jamaican Beef Patties. They were good. We used to call them "Jamaican Death Patties" because they were so spicy!