This is actually kind of funny...

• Toyz
  • 10-17-2014, 04:46 PM
A year and a half ago I was involved in a motorcycle accident. Fault was never in question, it was his fault.

Settled on property damage quickly, bought a new bike.

Have some permanent injuries that cant be operated on. Nothing life threatening or anything like that, but did leave me with some minor issues to deal with.

Insurance offered a settlement. I balked & kept up the medical treatments. They counter offered. I ain't missing any meals so I just let it drag on cause it wasn't that important. They improved their offer. I said "no mas". Then, 3 months before the statute of limitations expired I said "is that your final offer, because I'm making this a civil issue on November 1st".

Today they settled for 75% more than their initial offer, and 20% more than I would have settled for...final negotiations took 10 minutes, and I might have a date with the insurance settlement agent. Shes pretty cute... She expedited payment, I got my electronic transfer of funds 2 hours after settlement.

Being hard headed & patient has its perks.

No legal costs involved. Represented myself pro se.
Nice job Toyz. Way to go.
Someone get the traffic records from a year and a half ago from the "far side of the moon" police dept and we will find out that someone just outed themselves. Really, you needed to share that on this board?
A year and a half ago I was involved in a motorcycle accident. Fault was never in question, it was his fault.

Settled on property damage quickly, bought a new bike.

Have some permanent injuries that cant be operated on. Nothing life threatening or anything like that, but did leave me with some minor issues to deal with.

Insurance offered a settlement. I balked & kept up the medical treatments. They counter offered. I ain't missing any meals so I just let it drag on cause it wasn't that important. They improved their offer. I said "no mas". Then, 3 months before the statute of limitations expired I said "is that your final offer, because I'm making this a civil issue on November 1st".

Today they settled for 75% more than their initial offer, and 20% more than I would have settled for...final negotiations took 10 minutes, and I might have a date with the insurance settlement agent. Shes pretty cute... She expedited payment, I got my electronic transfer of funds 2 hours after settlement.

Being hard headed & patient has its perks.

No legal costs involved. Represented myself pro se. Originally Posted by Toyz
As your pimp please forward my standard 40%.
  • Toyz
  • 10-18-2014, 06:00 AM
As your pimp please forward my standard 40%. Originally Posted by Still Looking
Would you like the $37.50 in the form of cash, check or would you like to trade it for whats behind door #3?

I'll take door #3.
...final negotiations took 10 minutes ... Represented myself pro se. Originally Posted by Toyz
Reminds me of a poker adage: look around the table to find the sucker; if you can't find one, it's you.
  • Toyz
  • 10-18-2014, 08:49 AM
Reminds me of a poker adage: look around the table to find the sucker; if you can't find one, it's you. Originally Posted by inspector farquar
I was happy with the settlement. It was valued at a lot less using the normal methodology. Vast majority of it was for general (pain and suffering). And in that the injuries were not debilitating, I didn't have a lot of verifiable medical documentation. That usually sinks a plaintiff. Again, I received 75% more than the initial offer, which covered the med costs + a few thousand...
Had I contracted an attorney would have been out 35-45% of net....I'm happy. In a case like this attotneys are overrated...fault did not have to be proved...wae just a matter of getting fair value for the damage. Might take a trip to Puerto Vallarta to celebrate.
Someone get the [snip] and we will find out that someone just outed themselves. Really, you needed to share that on this board? Originally Posted by RandB fan
Toyz said, "Being hard headed & patient has its perks." I don't doubt that he believes that. He illustrated that with a story. Are all of the story's "facts," facts? I doubt it.
  • Toyz
  • 10-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Toyz said, "Being hard headed & patient has its perks." I don't doubt that he believes that. He illustrated that with a story. Are all of the story's "facts," facts? I doubt it. Originally Posted by johnnytx39
Gee johnny, was just a happy story I shared with the board. Sorry it bothered you so much. If I could do it over again, I would never have wanted the accident to happen, the $$$ was not worth it. I got very lucky....very.

Nothing was made up, but if you feel the need to believe that, go ahead.
  • Toyz
  • 10-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Someone get the traffic records from a year and a half ago from the "far side of the moon" police dept and we will find out that someone just outed themselves. Really, you needed to share that on this board? Originally Posted by RandB fan
Hell Randi, if its that important for you to know who I am just send a PM and we can meet for a beer...

Date was slightly altered, but with only 500 or so motorcycle accidents per year in Texas you should be able to narrow it down a lot. Go see what you can find if its worth the time and effort to do so.

And you are right, this should be in the sandbox, not co-ed. Only thing it has to do with the hobby is that I am earmarking some of that fundage to invest back in our girls...

Toyz said, "Being hard headed & patient has its perks." I don't doubt that he believes that. He illustrated that with a story. Are all of the story's "facts," facts? I doubt it. Originally Posted by johnnytx39
Yeah people use to call BS on me as well. Till they saw the pictures and the video after they putting their money where their mouth was.
  • Toyz
  • 10-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Yeah people use to call BS on me as well. Till they saw the pictures and the video after they putting their money where their mouth was. Originally Posted by Still Looking
Oh I expect to get some negative comments on any post. It comes with being controversial. You develop haters. I've said there are some I could say "your mother is a saint" and they would cuss me out and argue because they are incapable of reading anything I say with an open mind and responding accordingly.

But when a poster ONLY posts in my threads to state negative things every.single.time then they are just trolls & I quit responding to them or put them on ignore after awhile. Or bait them to watch their blood pressure rise, hoping for them to have a stroke. so the rest of their lives they sit in their wheel chairs and say "Goddamn Toyz"....with dribble rolling down their chins.
Well, hell. Important fellow, this one.
Toyz Toyz Toyz.. I would have thought that You, of all the board participants, would know that when anyone shares GOOD news on here, it's the objective of many to shit in the salad. Any personal good fortune someone has, is reason to poo poo and drag it down by the less fortunate or just plain jealous..
Good on ya Mate!!! Screw em'! That's the purpose of insurance, "to restore loss "... and the purpose of lawyers, "to steal, lie, and cheat in any way they can... and if the client comes out ahead.. well, that's bearable, but part of the biz, certainly not an objective." That's why Sharks don't bite attorneys, Professional Courtesy. In my life, with many many actions involving attorneys, I've only met 2-3 that truly give a shit about the client.. most of them are just in the game for $$$, ego and power. I've handled most of my own legal affairs, to the end of being much better off. But the adage "A person that represents themselves have an idiot for a client" was made up by the inadequate, uninformed, or afraid to stand up for themselves.