What Would You Do?

I have a hobby buddy who recently got himself into a compromising position with a las for rent and as retarded and dangerous as she may be she's elected to leverage the situation to her favor (or at least not to his) and he feels fairly helpless if not hapless as a consequence.

I suggested the scorched earth response because that's how I roll, but he's squeamish and to some extent exposed so he's looking for the covert or low impact out that could afford him the opportunity to keep his job, home life, lifestyle without landing in counseling or court.

I firmly believe you use a trac phone, an assumed name, condoms strong enough to cap a well, and back-in-parking for good reason and it's certainly not to deal with harelipped bullshit like this.

The poor guy couldn't be more shocked if he was on a bird hunting trip with Dick Cheney and got shot in the face.

Ideas? Suggestions?
  • npita
  • 06-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Unless he has something to use as leverage, he's sol. He might try recording his conversations with her and then if she tries to extort money from him, threaten to take the recordings to the police after he actually pays once. That way, he could hold a felony over her head and ask for his money back (and keep the recorded conversations).