Not sexy topic at all; but worth posting IMO!!

Hi all. Not sure how many people out there who are lucky enough to be owned by dogs. I happen to be one such fella and my little guy (90# GSD) has had a tummy issue today. By that I mean I've cleaned up doggie vomit all day long. I recently conferred with a friend who is a vet, and as it turns out dogs can take otc Pepcid for stomach upset; and also can be given pedialyte if they are in danger of becoming dehydrated. It seems to have helped my poor pup over the last few hours. I was just putting this out there in case anyone else runs into a situation such as this with their owners in the future. The midnight/weekend vet bills can be expensive, so a cheap otc thing to keep them okay until Monday is always good to know.
Btw; he's resting fine now snuggled up on his cozy leather loveseat like a spoiled rotten child (I'm pretty sure he's playing me st this point, it's a good thing he's cute). Also, he kinda prefers the blue pedialyte in case you were wondering.
  • Sandy
  • 06-18-2017, 02:52 AM
Has he had all his shots?, I had a puppy die of parvo last month., she to was a GSD., 3 months old.
Hi Sandy, yes he is up to date in all of his shots. It's kinda looking like he has a stomach bug of sorts. I kept his food away most of the day but when I put it down he didn't even attempt to eat anything. He has been taking in some pedialyte though and was still playful earlier when the frisbee came out. I'm sure he'll be fine based on what I've seen so far.
But thank you for your ideas/suggestions it never hurts to add more info!!!