Bartering

Ladies and Gentleman, i just left a session where i was offered a rather strange barter. An arms dealer wants to offer me a CHL (classes). Made me wonder whats the strangest thing You have bartered for? Oh and before You start im not a crazy lady with a gun, lol. Just a new topic, a rather interesting one.
U realize that class is only like $150.00?
Yeah i know i want the Baretta 9 mm that goes w it, not for work, mostly for home protection of which i dont really need a license for. Just an odd bartering suggestion.
Bartering on the local board in Portland is very common.Providers have had their entire homes remodeled and more.If you barter for something that might be considered "crazy",it not crazy to the person who is interested in the barter.lol
I've offered old Morgan silver dollars as pymnt for services (all kinds) and have made a few deals with them over the years.
A few years ago, I had a heavy 65" projection TV that I was sick and tired of hauling around. I would have paid someone to take it away. I had an ATF at the time that occasionally came by the house on visits who really wanted the TV, but really didn't have the money. So i mentioned that a 3some might due the trick -- really more of a joke -- but an hour later she showed up with three of her girlfriends. We have a crazy fun time and later watched them ast they rolled this monster tv to her pickup truck. All things worked well.
Yeah i know i want the Baretta 9 mm that goes w it, not for work, mostly for home protection of which i dont really need a license for. Just an odd bartering suggestion. Originally Posted by subcilla
A Beretta 9mm goes with the deal? That's a minimum $450 pistol used regardless of the actual model, 92fs, PX4 Storm, etc!

Hey, I am looking for a couple of Ruger LCP's. If I pay for his session can you get him to give those to you?

Oh, and I really, really, really want a .500 S&W with an 8" barrel.
Other things on the wish list: Chinese AK47, a pair of Ruger Blackhawks case hardened in 45LC with 4 1/2" barrels. A Colt AR 15 flattop in 6.5mm. A Walther PPK or anything by Kimber Customs.

I also need Ammo in just about any caliber, Particularly 5.56mm, .380 ACP, 9mm, 357 Mag, 44 Mag and 45 ACP

Sorry, I got a little carried away.
Boardman - I buy all my ammo in Texas City at a GREAT place - very inexpensive compared to Houston and they used to throw in the Cans if you bought 1000 rounds at a time.

BTW, how much 5.56 do you want, I stopped shooting my AR 15 a few years ago.
A Beretta 9mm goes with the deal? That's a minimum $450 pistol used regardless of the actual model, 92fs, PX4 Storm, etc!

Hey, I am looking for a couple of Ruger LCP's. If I pay for his session can you get him to give those to you?

Oh, and I really, really, really want a .500 S&W with an 8" barrel.
Other things on the wish list: Chinese AK47, a pair of Ruger Blackhawks case hardened in 45LC with 4 1/2" barrels. A Colt AR 15 flattop in 6.5mm. A Walther PPK or anything by Kimber Customs.

I also need Ammo in just about any caliber, Particularly 5.56mm, .380 ACP, 9mm, 357 Mag, 44 Mag and 45 ACP

Sorry, I got a little carried away. Originally Posted by boardman
DAYUM er huh forget everything I ssid about you not being funny Boardman, ole buddy, ole pal ....Your very fuuny Boardman. We cool hope so with all that firepower.
The .500 S&W kicks like a mule
The .500 S&W kicks like a mule Originally Posted by tbone2u
NO SHIT!

I shot a .50 Desert Eagle and I couldn't believe how much it hurt to shoot it.

And I thought my little 1911 Colt kicked......Not even close!
DAYUM er huh forget everything I ssid about you not being funny Boardman, ole buddy, ole pal ....Your very fuuny Boardman. We cool hope so with all that firepower. Originally Posted by carkido45
Man, I thought you had me on ignore.
Hell yeah, we cool, bros B4 Hoes!!!
Boardman - I buy all my ammo in Texas City at a GREAT place - very inexpensive compared to Houston and they used to throw in the Cans if you bought 1000 rounds at a time.

BTW, how much 5.56 do you want, I stopped shooting my AR 15 a few years ago. Originally Posted by CivilBarrister

I'm looking for all the 5.56 I can get. Preparing for WWIII ya know.
I was just researching airline tickets to Washington, DC so my teens could have a special vacation this summer for once in their lives. I haven't flown since 1996 & had heard prices were lower, but it's still much more than I expected. I don't know how frequent flyer miles work, but if they're transferable *which I seem to have heard is doable* I would definitely barter for some tickets. I can keep up w/ my regular expenses, but extras to the tune of around $2k for the three of us??? OUCH!

My general rule is not to let myself be beholden to a client as it blurs the boundaries of the relationship. Even if I know I am going to follow-through on my end of the deal, there are so many ladies who have sullied the system by not doing so that I hate to risk a fella's perception of me being tarnished. I have bartered some car repairs and moving help on a couple of occasions. One of my ATF clients took me up on the Christmas List Helper and brought a monitor the year before last. Only thing is that I wanted something simple - a CRT even - as it was for my kid's systems. He brought this AWESOME 22" Samsung flatscreen. I was like "no way that's going in Mr. Destructo's room! That's going on my desk!" LOL He got my 19" swivel screen LCD instead. Not a strange item for barter, but certainly one that retains its' value in appreciation.

Back to those tickets... Drop me a line if anyone has some to spare, please, and let me know how the process works. I'd love an excuse to return to Houston to repay a generous fella or two.

XOXOXO
Kat
NO SHIT!

I shot a .50 Desert Eagle and I couldn't believe how much it hurt to shoot it.

And I thought my little 1911 Colt kicked......Not even close! Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
I was at a little indoor range mainly shooting my 9mm but decided to make a little noise so I got my 44 mag out and fired a couple of rounds.
This guy and his friend walk in and next thing I know Boom, then another. I decided to put my little 44 up. As I was putting it away the guy walks over and lays his .500 down and hollers at his friend "Hey, you want to shoot this thing, my wrist is still hurting from last time I shot it."

They make a .500 in what they call an Alaskan Fisherman, or something, for defense against brown bear. It has a 2 1/2 barrel. Hell the Revolver chamber is longer than the barrel. I can't imagine shooting that. One shot is probably all you get.

Yeah I've got it bad, I'll shut up now.