What is Considered a Fetish?

I was talking with a friend this morning and the subject turned to fetishes! I really never thought of myself as having a fetish, but after thinking about it, I guess I really do have a kissing fetish!

Can a fetish be that minimal?
"A Fetish is a object, thing or situation that causes sexual arousal, such as a specific type of clothing, footwear, sexual or non sexual act or situation like "having sex outside".

A true fetish in psychology terms is a thing (as above) that needs to be present for sexual satisfaction to be achieved. This describes a type of mental illness. But the usual use of the word fetish just refers to a particular like for something specific, not an absolute need for it. Normally it is something other than excepted mainstream sexually related things. But these mainstream things are actually also fetishes."

If rubbing feet during sex is considered a mild fetish then I guess kissing could be considered.

I know I am getting more and more interested in dress up roll play. I remembered how much I like the pirate grill thing I did a couple of years ago and now I am planning another different dress up party with a provider friend.
scat
and YOU do your fetish so damn well,Lana ......would DATY be considered a fetish or giving a warm lotion full body massage ???? Then those are a couple of my fetish"s.....T
Mine is very tame as well... I love wet hair on a lady. I think it started with Phoebe Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
I was talking with a friend this morning and the subject turned to fetishes! I really never thought of myself as having a fetish, but after thinking about it, I guess I really do have a kissing fetish!

Can a fetish be that minimal? Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Yes. Kissing is a bodily function that can sometimes actually result in sexual gratification with some people.
"A fetish is a story masquerading as an object."
-Robert J. Stoller, M.D., Observing the Erotic Imagination

While possibly not entirely accurate, it certainly captures the idea.
I think, for the purposes of the hobby world, it is exactly as LuckJack defined it: "Normally it is something other than excepted mainstream sexually related things." So, if it is level 1,2,3, bbbj, gfe, daty, dfk, etc...what you'd normally do in the "vanilla" world of sex, then it is not a fetish. But, if it is ass worship, DATO, spanking/paddling, spitting, foot/boot worship, face slapping, verbal humiliation, etc, then IT IS FETISH.

The issue I sometimes have is that the fetish service I request, in my opinion, is asking so much less than, say GFE, from the provider, yet they either don't understand, won't do it, or charge the same rate. I can't imagine why a lady would rather give full GFE with a stranger over spitting in his face and making him get down on his knees and worship her ass. Maybe someone can shed some light or agrees with me?
Badboy,

I believe it has to do with mindset. Some ladies cannot get into the mindset of a spitting, ass worship, nut busting or other non mainstream activity. so they decline or charge extra for the time it takes to research, and prepare mentally for the session. Even though I practice fetishes, if they are not my personal favorites, then they can wear me out pretty fast.

Just my .02.

PPE
Badboy,

I believe it has to do with mindset. Some ladies cannot get into the mindset of a spitting, ass worship, nut busting or other non mainstream activity. so they decline or charge extra for the time it takes to research, and prepare mentally for the session. Even though I practice fetishes, if they are not my personal favorites, then they can wear me out pretty fast.

Just my .02.

PPE Originally Posted by PurplePussyEater
So true.. but rather than see it as a chore, I am naturally curious about an activity (mainstream or not) that I have never engaged in or is new to me.. the session you speak of is right up my alley. There are some fetishes though that perhaps fall into a grey area... DT, seemingly a vanilla experience, a BBBJ. But a hardcore BBBJ and I have had experience with some hobbyists that wouldn't, couldn't have it any other way.Hence, a fetish for them.

Per PEP's comment, better for her to charge extra for the research and preparation than take your money being inexperienced and clueless as to what the hell she is doing.. Sometimes the extra $ is for her to EXTEND herself (or himself) out of their normal comfort level. I have seen this happen with CBT, which is the WORST FETISH to engage in when someone has not done their homework or had real time experience.

Mindset is key
Midgets... And Baby Oil... And a Chicken... Maybe not in that order..