What's your favorite Cajun restaurant?

Make that local Cajun restaurant.

Also, anyone know of a good Cajun store in the Houston area with Boudin, cracklin, etc?
Go to New Orleans for good Cajun food.
Tree Beards Market Square ,Travis St. They are from NOLA
Tree Beards Red Beans & Rice is solid.

For downtown, Zydecos is also pretty good. I ate there way too often back in the Enron days because they had a woman working the counter we'd all of gladly payed 500/hr to get a hold of.
Go to New Orleans for good Cajun food. Originally Posted by WolfWhistle
NOLA is creole.

Cajun is in Acadiana.
It's not quite local, but worth the drive and Ferry ride.

The restaurant at Stingaree Marina at Crystal Beach. Bar-b-q crabs and shrimp and great seafood in general. Looks out over the Intracoastal and East Bay.Once you are east of Galveston, true Cajun influence begins. Plus slot machines and Shrimper Chicks at the local dives. What's not to like?
Tree Beards Red Beans & Rice is solid.

For downtown, Zydecos is also pretty good. I ate there way too often back in the Enron days because they had a woman working the counter we'd all of gladly payed 500/hr to get a hold of. Originally Posted by citizen44
Be sure to add green onions and cheese to the red beans. Serious backfiring a few hours later, though.
Low prices, but good food. Cajun Town Cafe.
Mid range. Ragin Cajun.
Upper end. Pappadeaux and Babin's. Babin's Shrimp And Grits is to die for.
NOLA is creole.

Cajun is in Acadiana. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
+1
  • smax
  • 10-01-2016, 08:25 AM
In no particular order

Burts Meat Market off Lyons
Pyburns off Almeda
Herbets Specialty Meats
Yep red beans and rice at tree beards is pretty decent.

Try the Roux Pour in sugar land - excellent!

Floyds, owned by Floyd Landry ( original founder of Landry's ) is good too.
I'm a HUGE fan of Floyd's
I find Pappadeaux's to have a weird taste. Not good at all IMO
I'm a HUGE fan of Floyd's Originally Posted by Alyssa XOXO
Is any one Floyd's better than another? I've only been to the one in Clear Lake. Generally very good food, but one time I ordered scallops and they were bad. Even the manager came by to apologize. When they smelled them after being sent back to the kitchen, they could tell there was something wrong.
Is any one Floyd's better than another? I've only been to the one in Clear Lake. Generally very good food, but one time I ordered scallops and they were bad. Even the manager came by to apologize. When they smelled them after being sent back to the kitchen, they could tell there was something wrong. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
No preference. My Hobby Lobster and I have never had a bad experience at any of the chains There was that one time though that... GS did send some crawdaddies back because they weren't spicy enough...