Texting Miscues and the A**hole CanDo

• T-Can
  • 05-23-2010, 10:34 AM
The main reason for posting this is for an apology and a lesson on how not to try to be humorous while texting. Because things could go south in a heart beat!

First off, I sincerely apologize to Hailey for hurting your feelings as I didn't mean for the text to come out the way it did.
This is Hailey: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=52195

I texted her a text that, in my mind, was just a little joke. She took it very personally and I can understand why now. (I was in that mode where I think everyone I talk/text know me already so I was comfortable on what I texted her) She now has refused to see me, which I'm fine with now but I feel real bad for hurting her feelings - especially since she is young and new to the hobby.

Everyone who has spent time with me knows that I'm not a serious, asshole kind of a person. I'm just a laid back kind of guy.

Again I apologize.

Anyone else have any bad texting miscue stories?

I recently sent a text too Laney Von on accident. I was talking with a provider who lives close to where I work, and was inviting her to see me at work for lunch. I just happened to look up after I hit the send button to see who it really went too. Atleast it was not something embarassing!
I sent a text while on my way to an appointment...I was trying to post a smiley face which is colon ( and right paren ). Except on my phone I didn't have the symbol key pressed I had the cap key down by mistake.

So instead of texting "see you at 12:30 "
I texted "see you at 12:30 HO " ...

When I got there I aplogized for the typo which I figured would have been taken as being disrespectul...

Turns out that it never crossed her mind...she took it to be an abbreviation for HOUR.

The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. And CD1, I too often open my mouth only to change feet....
LMAO, steverino, only you!
My usual faux pas is repeated emails. Once I hit send, I think of something I forgot to ask. After the 3rd one, I have to add a disclaimer assuring them that I'm not a stalker.
See...?!? That's why I use smoke signals instead of sending a text message. Technology be damned!
Too funny, I hate when that happens.
  • Rebel
  • 05-23-2010, 06:51 PM
wasn't there a movie titled " lost in traslation". Should apply here.
just yesterday I text chelsea simms as I was walkin to her room. "Wakin up". LIke that freaked her out, when I just had text her 5 minutes earlier that I was almost there. lol!!
Hopefully everyone on here that's been texting Providers used a hobby phone since a text is out there like an email and is just as damining in divorce court.
Yea it does get lost in translation
Hopefully everyone on here that's been texting Providers used a hobby phone since a text is out there like an email and is just as damining in divorce court. Originally Posted by txcwby6
Not everyone here is married or has an SO.
Steverino, you cracked me up on that one.
Dude! I accidentally do this more times than I care to admit.

Sometimes, I try to send text so fast that I text the wrong person or leave out a word important to the context...other times my spell check inserts a word that completely alters the message...I'm also guilty of sending what I think is a funny, sarcastic or dry remark but fail to remember that voice tones, inflection or facial expressions don't convey.

Don't beat yourself up over it--sometimes shit happens....but hopefully, Hailey will come across this thread and realize how genuine you are in your apology.

Peace!
So instead of texting "see you at 12:30 "
I texted "see you at 12:30 HO " ... Originally Posted by steverino50
Lmao.....that's too funny.