john mccain had no honor and a liar!

https://www.businessinsider.com/john...es-lied-2022-5

Former John McCain aide says the late GOP senator 'lied to the American people' about his relationship with a lobbyist

Rebecca Cohen
May 10, 2022, 11:19 AM
  • One of John McCain's former top aides alleged the late GOP senator lied about his relationship with a lobbyist.
  • Steve Schmidt claimed he lied on the Senator's behalf to discredit a New York Times article.
  • "For 14 years I have remained silent because I didn't want to do anything to compromise John McCain's honor," Schmidt said.
One of John McCain's former top aides said Sunday that he lied to discredit a New York Times article that reported on McCain's close relationship with a lobbyist.

In an essay posted to Substack on Sunday, Steve Schmidt — the senior strategist for McCain's 2008 presidential campaign — said "John McCain's lie became mine."

Schmidt said he knew about McCain's close relationship with the lobbyist and lied to protect the reputations of McCain and his family.

The New York Times reported in 2008 that lobbyist Vicki Iseman was receiving special treatment from the GOP presidential candidate, and shared speculation from some that their relationship may have turned romantic.

Both John McCain and his wife, Cindy, denied the accusations of a relationship at a press conference.

"Immediately following the story's publication, John and Cindy McCain both lied to the American people at a news conference that I prepared them for on that same day," Schmidt wrote.

Schmidt said that after the article came out — which he said "accurately detailed that relationship" — McCain told him the truth about the relationship backstage at an event in Ohio.

"For 14 years I have remained silent because I didn't want to do anything to compromise John McCain's honor," Schmidt said after apologizing to the Times journalists who wrote the story.

He said that McCain's daughter, Meghan McCain, "abused and bullied" him to stay silent in the last 14 years.

"The truth is the only remedy that I know to make Meghan's abuse stop," he said. "The truth requires that – at long last – I speak out. It is not a story that I relish telling, but I must because my continued silence stipulates the validity of untrue allegations and petty slanders."

Representatives for Meghan McCain said she declined to comment on the post, as she "hasn't spoken to [Schmidt] in 14 years."

Of McCain's legacy, Schmidt concluded: "It is time to look up and out. It is time to look for new leaders. It is time to move on."
He had more honor in his pinky than almost all republicans.
Manchin has more honor in his pinky than all democraps. Originally Posted by royamcr
FTFY...
  • WTF
  • 05-14-2022, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a Stormy Daniels like story...
  • Tiny
  • 05-14-2022, 05:39 AM
How many posters on eccie have cheated on wives or girlfriends or have had open relationships at one time or another? How many have lied about it?

This is like Clinton and Lewinsky or Trump and Stormy Daniels. Who cares.
He had more honor in his pinky than almost all republicans. Originally Posted by royamcr
Shows exactly how much you know about honor Roy. Military records and the Savings and Loan scandal should have taken this guy down a long time of ago. But he was a favorite of the loony left because would bark something they liked every once in a while.
The Ethics Committee ruled that the involvement of McCain in the scheme was also minimal, and he too was cleared of all charges against him.

Bringing up a nothingburger from 30 years ago is stupid.
I view McCain as a man who squandered a potentially honorable life, (earned as a downed pilot in a Vietnamese prison), by succumbing to the pitfalls of the political charades in Washington DC.

He is certainly not the first, and not the last.
  • WTF
  • 05-14-2022, 09:15 AM
The Ethics Committee ruled that the involvement of McCain in the scheme was also minimal, and he too was cleared of all charges against him.

Bringing up a nothingburger from 30 years ago is stupid. Originally Posted by royamcr
They've been serving up nothing burgers every since their Lock Her Up salad never showed!

Bringing up a nothingburger from 30 years ago is stupid. Originally Posted by royamcr
Congress investigated itself and found they did no wrong... Nice.

LOL

Yes, how many other politicians were "cleared" of charges. Like those POS in Abscam that got cleared as well. Unlike the left (and morons but I repeat myself), I want any corrupt figure to burn GOP or democrat. Didn't you say something about proving the case? So don't try to bring up something that has never been adjudicated as evidence. Don't by a hypocrite Roy.
barley, roy loves being a hypocrite.
FTFY... Originally Posted by bb1961
... No need to change his post like that.

Just post for yer-self.

### Salty
Sounds like a Stormy Daniels like story... Originally Posted by WTF
... Agreed.

Surely seem that ol' Steve is tryin' to switch-up his gears
and crawl back to the Republicans...

I have little respect for McCain - as you know-of already,
but WHY bring this story up now? ... A waste of time.

### Salty