BP & CL

Folks

Why do BP & CL not have someone using tineye.com to weed out all the false advertising? Do they have no liability when they allow cons & cheats to advertise?

Has eccie ever considered running ads on those pages to get hobbyists to look here instead?

just a thought to get more traffic to a site that true hobbyists deserve to be in.
I would think you would not have to advertise on BP and CL because that could find its way to eyes that you don't want looking at the site.

I am sure there is a disclaimer on BP and CL or really any site that claim no liability for meeting someone using their services. Someone was killed recently selling jewelry through either BP or CL. They fell victim to a home invasion. This did not occur in Texas though
wow! I was in utopia I guess. I understand now. the good ones start with e huh? ebay, eccie!
I wish there was a BP & CL section in ECCIE that just had info on those providers. Have it broken down seperately. Have a good ad section and a bad ad section. Some of the BP/CL providers eventually shift to ECCIE which is a good thing. But it would be nice to have an easier way to weed out the garbage which I think wouldn't be too difficult to manage. Especially if there was an easy way in the bad section and good section to search on phone numbers with an agreed upon format
I found ASPD 6 years ago because of a ASPD advertisement on CL. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
1) They probably don't care.

2) There are some strange things in the law. Sometimes, if you let anyone publish anything with no checking, you have very little liability. If you take action against one bad guy, you are now more liable for the bad guys you don't take action against.
That's exactly how the courts have read and applied the web site proprietor immunity statute, 47 USC 230. In a word, don't become an editor.