Provider ads

I just noticed an ad that has 2 pages of replies. Is it now acceptable to post replies to ads?

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=95790
No its not but that thread is an ad. I was just able to get to it to move to the proper forum. For that reason, I locked the thread from further comments.

sixx
New question. I just clicked on an ad by Sloan and I get the following message;

Budman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Sloan's ad did the same thing to me. Odd...
This can happen when the mods move the post in question to one of the non-public forums.

If they leave a link, it will show up as "moved," but the link points to somewhere you can't go.

They can move a post without leaving a link, and it won't leave a "moved" indicator behind. If you had the provider ads forum up when they moved the post, it will still show up until you refresh the screen, but if you click the link, you'll get the message.