What comes to mind when you look in on holidays?

Holidays are typically reserved for friends and family.

I understand that there are those that have neither.

Some by choice.... Some by fate....

I've always looked in on holidays while sitting around in between dinner and desert..... getting away from the repetitive stories annual get-togethers of distant relatives represents......

The truth of some's situation in life tends to shine through on days like today....... You have to muster a little pity for those trapped in the lifestyle....... a woman perhaps that you know has children and tries to come across as having her life together but is turning tricks all day..... a guy searching out someone to have a bite to eat with as life has left him alone or away from those that matter......

Choices or fate?

We see threads about those that have left the community and how they are missed...... Many hope for and at times celebrate their return......

I tend to raise a glass at some time through the day in celebration of those that got it together and walked away..... I hope to never see them again .....at least not as a participant of this lifestyle.....

Give Thanks for those that have left us. They are all better off for it....
Whispers, thanks for heartfelt holiday sentiment. I also say cheers to those who have found a secure and rewarding life.
Whispers, thanks for heartfelt holiday sentiment. I also say cheers to those who have found a secure and rewarding life. Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
Yeah, he's a pretty genuine guy!
I guess leaving the hobby could be considered a victory, but I am thankful for it. It's a joyous part of my life; Co-ed, reading and writing reviews, living both fantasies and vicariously through the adventures of others, meeting some really cool people, has been a lifesaver for me These past few years. At the same time there's no doubt been looking inside myself during Thanksgiving I realize I wish I had a family and the spouse on whom I do not want to cheat , but that's not my life: the hobby is my life
... while sitting around in between dinner and desert ... Originally Posted by Whispers
Sometimes the jokes write themselves.
as per the op's original subject... "what comes to mind......" I dunno, a fake charity scam?
Holidays are typically reserved for friends and family.

I understand that there are those that have neither.

Some by choice.... Some by fate....

I've always looked in on holidays while sitting around in between dinner and desert..... getting away from the repetitive stories annual get-togethers of distant relatives represents......

The truth of some's situation in life tends to shine through on days like today....... You have to muster a little pity for those trapped in the lifestyle....... a woman perhaps that you know has children and tries to come across as having her life together but is turning tricks all day..... a guy searching out someone to have a bite to eat with as life has left him alone or away from those that matter......

Choices or fate?

We see threads about those that have left the community and how they are missed...... Many hope for and at times celebrate their return......

I tend to raise a glass at some time through the day in celebration of those that got it together and walked away..... I hope to never see them again .....at least not as a participant of this lifestyle.....

Give Thanks for those that have left us. They are all better off for it.... Originally Posted by Whispers
It's been absolutely delightful with you gone. Please stay that way. You're not missed.

FG
Ah always look forward ta puttin' on mah missle-toe belt buckle!

Ah waits all yar long fer tha opp'r-tune-itty.