With a heavy heart I am to inform you all that...

I am posting this at the request of his "family" as well as permission to link the 2 handles.....

With a heavy heart it was ask of me to inform the community that we have lost our beloved Carl a.K.a David.Douchehurst ..He passed away Saturday night.

Many knew him from his crazy worded posts and many knew him personally.He was kind and giving to those in need and provided guidance to many with his wealth of information to draw from combined with his ability to use colorful analogies that demonstrated his desire to show the connection that exists between religion, science and history.

RIP MR.Douchehurst you will be missed
I'm so sorry to hear that. RIP David - you will be missed.

I am posting this at the request of his "family" as well as permission to link the 2 handles.....

With a heavy heart it was ask of me to inform the community that we have lost our beloved Carl a.K.a David.Douchehurst ..He passed away Saturday night.

Many knew him from his crazy worded posts and many knew him personally.He was kind and giving to those in need and provided guidance to many with his wealth of information to draw from combined with his ability to use colorful analogies that demonstrated his desire to show the connection that exists between religion, science and history.

RIP MR.Douchehurst you will be missed Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Funny man, truly funny
Sad, I always enjoyed his posts.
Ah em gonta grately miss his huemer. He made this place a little nicer.

RIP MR.Douchehurst you will be missed Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
I don't post here much if at all but I think one is certainly warranted here in the memory of this all around great guy.

Very sad Vikki and thanks for sharing the bad news ( never fun to be the bearer of such) with the community. Like many of the old timers on here we knew the guy pre-dating some of what you have mentioned and he has always been a great asset to the community for both reviews and keeping many an argument from breaking out in the ' polite and civil' era that was sadly long lost a decade ago with his very diplomatic style of posting or his trademark post of a guy eating popcorn when he knew drama was going to break out.

On a tangential note, I feared something wasn't right when he didn't reclaim his spot in my fantasy football league nor did I hear from him. At least the last time I did see him he drove away from my house with a massive grin on his face $600 richer from his 2nd place winnings. I tried to pay him in Euros and get the best of him but he was too smart and knew the spot and bank rates, always a step ahead of others as usual.

I did let him down as he failed to convert me to a Cowboys fan from a Redskins fan and I never wrote a review he requested I write so hopefully he can forgive me.

I know he was quite friendly with many providers and really put himself out there to help many a lady out both on and more so off the boards dating back a decade plus and I am sure that long list of ladies will miss him as well, even if several ( no need mention names) have departed the community over that decade plus.

As to his behavior with the ladies BCD I am sure he was a gentleman as well but the male species aren't a part of my antics, at least not on this side of the ocean

Last thing I will say about him made him quite unique and perhaps one of the reasons many were so fond of him and perhaps a lesson some of the keyboard warriors ( he couldn't stand those fucking jackasses, thus this inclusion) should take from this but we were given two eyes, two ears and one mouth ( and keyboard) for a reason. Anyone who ever spent time with him would probably agree with me that he always used his eyes and ears 2X+ more than his mouth and the concerns, thoughts, ideas etc. of his audience and friends always came before his own.

One of a kind...

May he rest in peace...
"Monsieur Rick, may I get you a cup of coffee?
No thanks, Carl."
Rick's will not be the same without Carl.
Really sorry to hear that. He will be missed.
Every time I saw his goofy avatar pic. made me smile! We always lose this type of person too soon. He will be missed........
Great guy!
  • ztonk
  • 09-10-2018, 08:36 PM
A great guy who will be missed.

Closing this thread per:
#28 - On occasion, we may lose a valuable member of our community as a result of an unexpected accident, natural causes, or other various circumstances. The grieving process when these situations arise is often difficult and ECCIE has established a procedure to follow in such cases to protect the memory and more importantly the anonymity of our deceased member. A brief announcement will be made to inform the membership and honor the deceased member's contributions here without revealing any circumstances that may jeopardize the privacy of any of the parties involved. It will be immediately locked, and no further discussion allowed.
ztonk