In a Year, Pawnshops Will Be Full Of These.

http://www.msn.com/?ocid=iehp

So everybody is getting all excited about Bows, and Arrows, because of the movie Hunger Games.

Sort of like back in tge early 70's when everybody went out and bought a model 29 Smith & Wesson 44 mag because of Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry.

Just as these wannabe's soon discovered that shooting a 44 was not as pleasurable as one might think, so will these wannabe "William Tells" when they find that shooting a bow is not quite what it is cracked up to be without script approval.
I don t get why anyone wants to shoot something with a stick that has feathers on it.l
I suppose if I was not heavily armed with a variety of rapidly shooting firearms of various calibers I may be interested in a bow and arrow like I had when I was 8.
Just as these wannabe's soon discovered that shooting a 44 was not as pleasurable as one might think, so will these wannabe "William Tells" when they find that shooting a bow is not quite what it is cracked up to be without script approval. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Her archery techinque in the movie was laughly bad. If she had actually shot an arrow like that she would have ripped open her hand and finger. NO archer in history ever shot a bow the way that girl was holding the bow and resting the arrow.
Hunger games is a friggin joke. It's evidence that the general population is susceptible to just moderate amounts of hype, manipulation and clever advertizing. Well, not even really clever, just flooding media. :sigh:

You're right though, MANY people will be going off and trying to learn how to use a damn bow now..
I went with the Ruger .44 Redhawk. Stronger and so impressive that its sight is enough to defuse a situation. I watched it happen one time. I'm on my fourth now. Yes, I did own a S&W M29 once.

Maybe I can pick up a good bow cheap. Maybe two; a recurve and a compound.
  • Seedy
  • 04-22-2012, 12:35 AM
My first bow was a recurve, 50lb. What a bitch to string, and even harder to keep on target waiting for a good shot on a deer. That was before compounds came out. An interesting side note a bow has twice the pentrating power as a rifle, that is not to be confused with "knock down" power.....
Hope I can get a good deal on a crossbow.