REPUBLICANS CONTINUE THEIR PROUD HERITAGE OF RACIAL EQUALITY...

Much to the chagrin of Democrats, SC Governor Haley has picked Tim Scott to replace outgoing Jim DeMint.

Great choice !

The Republican party sent the first black man to the Senate - Hiram Revels of Mississippi. Of course Democrats opposed Revels at the time - based on his skin color. Revels' credentials arrived in the Senate on February 23, 1870, and were immediately blocked by a few members who had no desire to see a black man serve in Congress. Making their racist views known.

Frederica Wilson
Democrat member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
  • CJ7
  • 12-17-2012, 11:38 AM
The Republican party sent the first black man to the Senate -

glad to see the retards "continue" to send a first black man to the senate.

lol
A number of Congressmen were also black and republican in the 1870s. That is when the democrats were riding around at night with flour sacks on their heads.

That was Michael Steele, He was described by Kathleen Kennedy Townsend as an oreo and a (get this) Nazi.
Much to the chagrin of Democrats, SC Governor Haley has picked Tim Scott to replace outgoing Jim DeMint.

Great choice !

The Republican party sent the first black man to the Senate - Hiram Revels of Mississippi. Of course Democrats opposed Revels at the time - based on his skin color. Revels' credentials arrived in the Senate on February 23, 1870, and were immediately blocked by a few members who had no desire to see a black man serve in Congress. Making their racist views known. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Were the democrats responsible for segregation in baseball diners schools ect? I grew up in a republican family and a area that is republican in our courthouse was a water fountain with a sign whites only.No blacks could use the community swimming pool.Think there were racist views on all sides.
A number of Congressmen were also black and republican in the 1870s. That is when the democrats were riding around at night with flour sacks on their heads.

That was Michael Steele, He was described by Kathleen Kennedy Townsend as an oreo and a (get this) Nazi. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Laughable. 95% of African-Americans voted Obama in 2008, 94% in 2012. 2% of those who voted for Romney were black. The GOP is apparently not doing a very good job of spreading the word about its proud heritage of racial equality.

Republicans don't give a shit about blacks.

Whirly, your posts get more and more idiotic, and less and less reality-based. You need an intervention.
The Republican party sent the first black man to the Senate -

glad to see the retards "continue" to send a first black man to the senate.

lol Originally Posted by CJ7
So you think it is "retarded" to send an African American to the Senate. How racist are you, exactly?
Were the democrats responsible for segregation in baseball diners schools etc? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Yes, actually. The Democratic Party still had the segregationists back in those days. Segregation of all types was outlawed in stages in the 50 and 60s. The rednecks didn't start their move over to the Republican side until the 1970s in response to Nixon's "Southern Strategy".

I grew up in a republican family and a area that is republican in our courthouse was a water fountain with a sign whites only.No blacks could use the community swimming pool. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Didn't matter what "area" you were in. it wasn't based on neighborhoods or towns. The segregation was based on state law. Where you in a Southern state or at least a state controlled by the Democratic party?

Think there were racist views on all sides. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
True, but you're dealing with averages, not individuals when you are talking about which party implemented segregation.

Prior to about 1970, the South in general and the segregationists in particular hated the GOP because the Republicans had ended slavery and got the blame for every bad thing that ever happened from the Civil War on.

Hence the expression "Solid South" when discussing the control of the Democratic party over the South.
  • CJ7
  • 12-17-2012, 02:38 PM
So you think it is "retarded" to send an African American to the Senate. How racist are you, exactly? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
context isnt your strong suit is it?
Yes, actually. The Democratic Party still had the segregationists back in those days. Segregation of all types was outlawed in stages in the 50 and 60s. The rednecks didn't start their move over to the Republican side until the 1970s in response to Nixon's "Southern Strategy".

Didn't matter what "area" you were in. it wasn't based on neighborhoods or towns. The segregation was based on state law. Where you in a Southern state or at least a state controlled by the Democratic party?

True, but you're dealing with averages, not individuals when you are talking about which party implemented segregation.

Prior to about 1970, the South in general and the segregationists in particular hated the GOP because the Republicans had ended slavery and got the blame for every bad thing that ever happened from the Civil War on.

Hence the expression "Solid South" when discussing the control of the Democratic party over the South. Originally Posted by ExNYer

Check your map and look where Kansas is We always had to drive south to be south,except for Missouri.
context isnt your strong suit is it? Originally Posted by CJ7
It was your comment. Thought you could defend it. I guessed wrong.
  • CJ7
  • 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
It was your comment. Thought you could defend it. I guessed wrong. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
explain how you can continue to do something if its the first time youve ever done it
Check your map and look where Kansas is We always had to drive south to be south,except for Missouri. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You're in Kansas NOW. I had I no idea whether you grew up there or not. I didn't assume.

Segregation was not confined strictly to the south. Some other states closer to the south had it too. The Southern Dems may have controlled Kansas and/or Missouri many years ago, including before you were born and put segregation into place. I'm pretty sure the Reconstruction era Republicans did not.
Holy chit, is this supposed to show a new TREND Whirlyturd?

Im not surprised you're beating on the Civil War era dems to characterize today's political racial landscape.

You are just too fucking funny!