Spoonful of Honey

My mother once told me that you can catch more flies with a teaspoon of honey than you can with a gallon of vinegar. I can honestly say that these are some of the wisest words to ever come out of her mouth. Too often I find myself being snippy and snide, especially when I am in a hurry and impatient.

Life is funny. So often we expect things from others, but we forget to return the favor. I am guilty of this. Even though I make a conscious effort to be polite and respectful, sometimes I forget that I was raised “right”.

One of my deepest sins is a bias towards a true gentleman. When a gentleman contacts me in a respectful manner, I already have a pre-concocted notion of him. It’s probably not fair that I jump to conclusions that quickly, but I’m only human. The flip side to this is that when I am approached in an abrasive manner, I am fast to return the tone.

For example:

Hi Brittany, my name is Bob. I am interested in seeing you on X date at Y time for Z length of time at W place. Sallie Mae and Susie Cue are my references. Please let me know if this works for you.
-Bob the Builder

Vs.

What’s up? Can I come over now? I want a BBBJ with CIM, maybe more. I think I’ll only stay 10 minutes. Can I get that for 20 bucks?
-Dirty Dogg

This is a both a business and a pastime. So, I think the lines of expectation get blurred. In the real world, people are less than cordial all of the time.

I have to sit back and think, “Gee, if that lady was such a b*tch to the man at the checkout counter, what makes ME so special? Why should I demand courtesy from others?” And then I realized the problem. We aren’t how much we make, what we look like, or the diplomas on our walls. We are how we treat others. I can honestly say that there have been days where I was up so high on my horse that my nose was bleeding. So, here is to karma. I’m going to change the direction of the ball. I’ve decided to work very meticulously on my interpersonal and courtesy skills. I vow to do my best at being kind and addressing other people in a positive and respectful tone.

My next question is: Does anyone want to join me?
I am a firm believer in that expression and I try to practice it everyday. I must admit though that there are situations where it doesnot always work. Sometimes the kinder and gentler approach is not the answer.
  • oden
  • 07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Brittany, I'll make two observations. The first is that San Antonio is one of the politest cities in the world . We treat everyone with a respect that most people just don't understand. Regardless of race or station it is common for a man to open a door for a female as if she were a queen.

My second observation is that on internet boards there is a lack of civility that I can only attribute to anonymity. In my opinion it is a bad precedent but reflects the influence of people from different geographical locations that can post anywhere. It is amusing though that some show their true spots when they are anonymous.
You, Brittany, are a better person than I. If you have the kind of determination it would take me to be pleasant to the kind of message sent by the fictional
"Dirtydogg," then I think you should go for it!
Brittany, I have been any will continue to try to be polite and understanding to all people I encounter in my daily endeavors whether they are clients or store clerks. Welcome aboard with just a few attitude changes maybe we can contribute to the world being a more civil place to be. Will do my best to hold the fort in Dallas xoxo chelsea
And if you leave the occassional turd out there, a whole bunch of flies will gather.
In reply to Dirty Dogg I would kindly explain that because of his email contents there is no way that he and I will ever successfully schedule an appointment. Maybe it will help him to not fuck it up in the future with someone else, maybe not. I get emails from people that want to argue with me about my screening or standards and I just won't deal with it; I have never responded to any of these people that they are wasting my time, I just don't say anything at all.
My mother once told me that you can catch more flies with a teaspoon of honey than you can with a gallon of vinegar. I can honestly say that these are some of the wisest words to ever come out of her mouth. Too often I find myself being snippy and snide, especially when I am in a hurry and impatient.

Life is funny. So often we expect things from others, but we forget to return the favor. I am guilty of this. Even though I make a conscious effort to be polite and respectful, sometimes I forget that I was raised “right”.

One of my deepest sins is a bias towards a true gentleman. When a gentleman contacts me in a respectful manner, I already have a pre-concocted notion of him. It’s probably not fair that I jump to conclusions that quickly, but I’m only human. The flip side to this is that when I am approached in an abrasive manner, I am fast to return the tone.

For example:

Hi Brittany, my name is Bob. I am interested in seeing you on X date at Y time for Z length of time at W place. Sallie Mae and Susie Cue are my references. Please let me know if this works for you.
-Bob the Builder

Vs.

What’s up? Can I come over now? I want a BBBJ with CIM, maybe more. I think I’ll only stay 10 minutes. Can I get that for 20 bucks?
-Dirty Dogg

This is a both a business and a pastime. So, I think the lines of expectation get blurred. In the real world, people are less than cordial all of the time.

I have to sit back and think, “Gee, if that lady was such a b*tch to the man at the checkout counter, what makes ME so special? Why should I demand courtesy from others?” And then I realized the problem. We aren’t how much we make, what we look like, or the diplomas on our walls. We are how we treat others. I can honestly say that there have been days where I was up so high on my horse that my nose was bleeding. So, here is to karma. I’m going to change the direction of the ball. I’ve decided to work very meticulously on my interpersonal and courtesy skills. I vow to do my best at being kind and addressing other people in a positive and respectful tone.

My next question is: Does anyone want to join me? Originally Posted by brittanylennox
"What’s up? Can I come over now? I want a BBBJ with CIM, maybe more. I think I’ll only stay 10 minutes. Can I get that for 20 bucks?
-Dirty Dogg" bad

" i have long viewed your pictures and posts in amazement and bewilderment and longed to spend even the briefest of moments in your company. While finacial restraints have so far kept me from being able to live out this dream a recent $20 rebate from a major beer company has made me rethink my position. If i endoresed the check to you would you grace me with your company. I realize the total dollars involved is small but so am i and I know for this pittance full service could never be expected. I would be more than satisfied with oral pleasures only and again realizing the small fee would barely cover either protection and money for cleanup I am willing to forego the condoms and I promise to deposit in such a manner as not to soil the linens or any other area of the playroom. I look forwars to meeting you and hopefully meeting you will leave a pleasant taste in your mouth" good
Some people just don't get that There are ways to say what needs to be said without being a bitch or an ass.
"What’s up? Can I come over now? I want a BBBJ with CIM, maybe more. I think I’ll only stay 10 minutes. Can I get that for 20 bucks?
-Dirty Dogg" bad

" i have long viewed your pictures and posts in amazement and bewilderment and longed to spend even the briefest of moments in your company. While finacial restraints have so far kept me from being able to live out this dream a recent $20 rebate from a major beer company has made me rethink my position. If i endoresed the check to you would you grace me with your company. I realize the total dollars involved is small but so am i and I know for this pittance full service could never be expected. I would be more than satisfied with oral pleasures only and again realizing the small fee would barely cover either protection and money for cleanup I am willing to forego the condoms and I promise to deposit in such a manner as not to soil the linens or any other area of the playroom. I look forwars to meeting you and hopefully meeting you will leave a pleasant taste in your mouth" good Originally Posted by petiteassman

That was great,I'm tempted to send it to someone just to see the reply I get.LOL Seriously though, common courtesy is fastly becoming a thing of the past.
I always try my best to be pleasant and with your request I will try a little harder since there are some baboons that really don't deserve my kindness....

in response to Good,

Hi darlin,
I do appreciate your admiration and your sweet sweet demeanor.
I am sure you will understand that although your offer is generous and heart felt I will be unable to meet with your requests.

I do offer; however, a splendid way for you to spend your rebate check and a couple of evenings.

Instead of purchasing your favorite beer, purchase a pint of Evan Williams and ask the merchant to package this in a big paper bag and then insert this into a plastic bag instead of just the little paper pint bag he would normally use.

Go back to your home and turn on your vcr with the latest issue of girls gone wild that I am sure must have just arrived in today's mail, sit in your lazyboy knock off that has the stuffing oozing out of the arm rest. Place the plastic bag on your left hand (I am sure you must be right handed but bear with me here) and take out the bottle of Evan Williams and after drinking half of the pint place the big paper bag on your head place your bagged left hand on your penis and stroke.

Your thoughts of my pictures should flood your mind now as the words of the girls coming out of your TV fill your ears as you explode.

pint of Evan - $12
membership of GGW - $10 a month
paper bag and protection - $0
the taste of Evan in your mouth in the morning priceless

As you see you will actually have some of that rebate check you are so proud of left over as well as enough Evan for another night and if you turn the plastic bag inside out it is reusable.

Thank you for writing and have a wonderful evening,

PS. and if you are wondering how I figured out you were right handed? cause no one in their right mind would have even considered your absurd offer let alone typing it out and hitting the send button.

giggle
I like your shoes in your avatar Lilith, where did you get them?
thanks honey...they are GUESS I purchased them at Ross in Gulfport (apparently I stole them at $25?) I don't know if that was a steal or not I like to wear heels and I liked the fit......and they are very easily removed ;-)
I like your shoes in your avatar Lilith, where did you get them? Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko
Gee whiz, Good, you owe Lilith for a half hour of her regular fee. That's how much time she spent here getting you off. Fetishes count.

I always try my best to be pleasant and with your request I will try a little harder since there are some baboons that really don't deserve my kindness....

in response to Good,

Hi darlin,
I do appreciate your admiration and your sweet sweet demeanor.
I am sure you will understand that although your offer is generous and heart felt I will be unable to meet with your requests.

I do offer; however, a splendid way for you to spend your rebate check and a couple of evenings.

Instead of purchasing your favorite beer, purchase a pint of Evan Williams and ask the merchant to package this in a big paper bag and then insert this into a plastic bag instead of just the little paper pint bag he would normally use.

Go back to your home and turn on your vcr with the latest issue of girls gone wild that I am sure must have just arrived in today's mail, sit in your lazyboy knock off that has the stuffing oozing out of the arm rest. Place the plastic bag on your left hand (I am sure you must be right handed but bear with me here) and take out the bottle of Evan Williams and after drinking half of the pint place the big paper bag on your head place your bagged left hand on your penis and stroke.

Your thoughts of my pictures should flood your mind now as the words of the girls coming out of your TV fill your ears as you explode.

pint of Evan - $12
membership of GGW - $10 a month
paper bag and protection - $0
the taste of Evan in your mouth in the morning priceless

As you see you will actually have some of that rebate check you are so proud of left over as well as enough Evan for another night and if you turn the plastic bag inside out it is reusable.

Thank you for writing and have a wonderful evening,

PS. and if you are wondering how I figured out you were right handed? cause no one in their right mind would have even considered your absurd offer let alone typing it out and hitting the send button.

giggle Originally Posted by Lilith