is this a scam or what??!!

So supposedly I have an upscale client who wants to see me. It is a large amount of money to be sent to me via western union. My question is would I have to pay state taxes on it he wants me to send a money transfer to pay the taxes before I'm able to get the payment. Anyone with any insight or advice on this please contact me asap please so I can better explain.
It's usually a scam to get personal info from you. People run scams like this all the time on job craiglist for purchases of items. They send you an email saying this is how I want to buy, fill out all this info and I'll send you a western union etc. Money transfer sounds like he is just trying to get money from you with a promise he'll send more back.

SCAM
first of all there are no State Income taxes in Texas on your personal income. so I would think this is a scam,

do a Paypal account if you want the $$ sent first.much easier and less hassle but you will need a checking or savings account to transfer the money to yourself and or you will have to buy something using Paypal
So supposedly I have an upscale client who wants to see me. It is a large amount of money to be sent to me via western union. My question is would I have to pay state taxes on it he wants me to send a money transfer to pay the taxes before I'm able to get the payment. Anyone with any insight or advice on this please contact me asap please so I can better explain. Originally Posted by KaylaLove

DARLIN!!!!!!

If It LOOKS Like A DUCK AND It WALKS Like A DUCK...IT'S A SCAMMER!!!!!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!! AND DON'T LOOK BACK!!!!!

do a Paypal account if you want the $$ sent first.much easier and less hassle but you will need a checking or savings account to transfer the money to yourself and or you will have to buy something using Paypal Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY

Also You Could Use - Green Dot

It Is Even Easier Than Pay Pal~
  • Toyz
  • 03-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Quack...Quack...Quack
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."
Pure scam, dear. And not even a new one.
It's a scam. Don't waste one second trying to counter with some safer method. There's nothing to see here, move on...quickly...and block the email and phone.

Hint: He asked you to wire him money.
You don't even have to wire me money, I take checks and cash and gift cards. I promise I'll send you right back more.

It's a scam.
do you get your choice of a new Tahoe, an all expense paid vacation, or a big cash prize?...
The scenario you describe has the hallmark of a classic advanced fee scam. Is there a Nigerian connection by chance?
I think that the U.S. Postal Inspection Service investigates these things. I have had 20-30 of these type scams presented to me in the past few years and referred one or two to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. Nothing ever came of any of them on my part. They must get tens of thousands of these sort of complaints each month from all over the U.S. and I think they look for actual victims who have sustained losses to provide testimony in the cases that they do go after. If I were you, I would simply ignore the guy and move on. You don't owe him an explanation.
Yep, I'm still waiting for that prince to send me my millions.

Weeeeiiird, even if it wasn't a scam, which it clearly looks like, why on earth does he care about your personal loyalty to the government:::: strange.