Interesting Poll.............Gun Control

It is obvious that most Americans are in favor of common sense Gun Laws.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-gun-laws?lite

A few things do bother me. Somewhere in the poll they should ask, "do you know the definition of an Assault Rifle"?......And, "if a person decides to sell their best friend a Rifle, should the friend have to be subjected to a background check"?

I think we are getting into that relm of definitions that says, "I can't really define it, but I know one when I see it" when it comes to Assault Rifles and other weapons that have that "look".
The whole "assault rifle" thing is a scare tactic term. Most people have no idea what an assault rifle actually is. People are scared because the gun looks like a modern combat weapon. They don't understand that all legal for sale to the general public rifles cannot be fully automatic and the only real advantage to an assault rifle style weapon is magazine capacity.

You can have a .223Remington rifle with a wood stock and a hunting scope or a .223Remington AR15 that looks like a SWAT team weapon. Legally, unless you are a class III (I believe that is the designaton) firearms dealer, neither one can shoot more than one bullet each time you pull the trigger. The AR 15 holds more ammo, is all. The UT killer from the 60s did his mass murder with a hunting rifle.

The last "assault weapons bill" essentially limited magazine capacity for newly manufactured weapons and magazines. All the high capacity magazines which were out there suddenly became much more valuable. The bill expired, and the manufacture of hi cap mags began again, and the price of hi cap magazines went down.

It is funny to me that when the stirrings of new gun legislation come up, demand for weapons goes through the roof. That helps all the gun manufacturers, which in turn strengthens their lobbying power. Big business wins in the end!

Any new legislation on guns will come out one of two ways: 1) symbolic but largely meaningless like the "assault weapons" bill, or 2) very restrictive and much closer to a registration/gun grab type law. My money is that the gun lobby will give up some kind of sacrificial lamb like magazine capacity and end up selling a lot more guns.
Hardly an interesting poll. Same old tactics of deceit. If you ask the people on this board to define common sense gun laws you will get as many different definitions as their are people here. Go further and ask them to define certain terms and you will get more confusion. The NRA is in favor of "common sense" gun control laws but their definition is so much different that a Kennedy's.
I don't believe we should have any gun laws at all. None. Period. I believe we should have open carry like it was in the beginning. They've infringed enough already.
  • WTF
  • 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I actually agree with LK... if you will not put in place sensible gun laws, then none at all....might I add that I wish dueling was still legal too.
  • CJ7
  • 04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
I actually agree with LK... if you will not put in place sensible gun laws, then none at all....might I add that I wish dueling was still legal too. Originally Posted by WTF

never could wrap my head around a duel ... I couldn't get past being challenged ..

slap slap slap .. I challenge you to a duel Sir

seriously?

first MF'r that slaps me in the face gets an ass whoopin on the spot
Stupid girl. Your kids have a gun safe in their bedroom?
Stupid girl. Your kids have a gun safe in their bedroom? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Stupid girl???? What an understatement.
  • WTF
  • 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM
never could wrap my head around a duel ... I couldn't get past being challenged ..

slap slap slap .. I challenge you to a duel Sir

seriously?

first MF'r that slaps me in the face gets an ass whoopin on the spot Originally Posted by CJ7
Duels would be for internet bad asses. See if they'd show up for a duel, if not they get their internet acces revoked!
What did you call me bitch? Draw....