My worst fear has happen

As a lot of you know I do not go to hotels for sessions unless I am out of town and it is my hotel. Well a pretty young lady that I have been wanting to see for a long time convinced me to go against my own rule. I walk into a nice hotel inside the loop and as I approach the desk to get a room I am approached by two hotel employees. They say "hey arent you ******* from **. Well I knew right then that I should have not gone against my rule. They asked what are you doing here I thought you still lived in Houston. The first thing I could think of was my car broke down in in front of the hotel and I pushed it into the lot. Told them I was waiting on AAA to come for a tow. They then call the bellboy over and tell me that he works on cars and that he could get me running in no time. To make a long story short this guy goes out to my car and well it cranks right up. I tell him boy you are good you just had to stand by it. Needless to say I had to call and cancel the appointment she understood and was nice about the entire incident. The point of the post is always stick to your own self imposed rules you know what is best for you.
great story and good advice.
A man in forward motion finds he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
That's bad luck my friend
  • bbkid
  • 06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Damn, I'm impressed. Not sure I would been able to make up a story like that so fast.
many of the nicer Hotels have Banquet and meeting rooms, all the ways up to ball rooms, i would just say im meeting work colleagues in a bit.
This story is ridiculously hilarious, I need one of those eye rolling emoticon things.
Ate you famous among the work you do or what?
I had a similar experience recently. I was leaving an appointment I'd had with a girl from Dallas who was staying at the Renaissance in Greenway Plaza when I ran in to a guy I knew. Fortunately, I always carry a writing portfolio with me so I just told him I had a meeting.
Ate you famous among the work you do or what? Originally Posted by yngtxn
But of Course
A man in forward motion finds he is wiser today than he was yesterday. Originally Posted by dearhunter

You had the same fortune cooke wisdom as I did at lunch. MMMMM Shrimp in lobster sauce.
I had the shrimp in lobster sauce and all my fortune cookie said was "Don't let your Meatloaf"
Excuses.... who needs 'em?

Go for the believable and credible.

- Here for a job interview, please keep my secret.

- Meeting my old boss.

- Visiting an old friend (family member) here for cancer treatments at MD Anderson.

- Your mistake, I am his twin brother and (see above).

Or, use the totally incredible to put them off guard:

- I am meeting Miss America! OK, she's really Miss Brazil!

- What have you guys been smoking?

- You're the 10th, 11th, 12th to ask me that since my facial reconstruction.
When I read your headline my first thought was, oh no he paid for a session with Lorena Bobbit. And then fell asleep!

My last fortune read "So glad to be out of that cookie!"
At the time I did not think this was funny at all but now I look back and think I must have been sweating like you would not believe. Thanks for all the input but that was the best story I could come up with at the time. Thinking under pressure is not my strong suite.