Life hacks/ Life pro tips

Haven't seen a thread like this here yet.

I'm always interested in things of this nature because what is common sense to one might have never occurred to another. I'll start with a few:

1) When setting "home" in a GPS, set it a few blocks away. This way if your GPS is lost or stolen, the thief won't have your home address

2) Always fill in the address line last in an email. This will insure that you don't send an incomplete email, or one laden with emotions that don't belong.

3) For the ladies : Use a flat iron to iron out creased collars or hem lines. Chances are, you're going to use it for hair anyway. (For the ladies because most dudes I know don't have flat irons)
If you buy something on Amazon and the price goes down within 30 days, you can email them for a refund of the difference.
Insulate the first 20 feet of hot water pipes (coming from the water heater) to save on utilities.

Almost all hardware stores have pipe insulation for about a dollar per 6 feet. Buy as much as you need, and remember, the first twenty or so feet of piping are the most important, after that it won't help much. By insulating your pipes, you not only save on your utility bills, but your hot water will almost never run out in the shower due to you needing less hot water. When you turn on your faucets/shower head, the water will be warm in seconds.
Don't like what you're reading on a thread in a stupid internet forum?

Simply click on the back button and choose another thread.

Attachment 341676
Is that the best you can do Heloise.....Really?
Why in the fuck would I give you the best of anything?
Russ.....we might be related.
Russ.....we might be related. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Anything's possible GS....Lol....anything....
Insulate the first 20 feet of hot water pipes (coming from the water heater) to save on utilities. Originally Posted by Iron_Man
Where did 20 feet come from?
Where did 20 feet come from? Originally Posted by Wakeup

Probably from this same list I saw on FB..

I build shit for a living, unless it has a recirculating pump... Or fully insulated... There is no such thing as hot water on demand.. ( unless you have a tankless point of use type system)

Still warm water on demand.. Then hot.
Probably from this same list I saw on FB..

I build shit for a living, unless it has a recirculating pump... Or fully insulated... There is no such thing as hot water on demand.. ( unless you have a tankless point of use type system)

Still warm water on demand.. Then hot. Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Left FB years ago, but no doubt it's made the rounds.

The 20' is a +\- estimate; i.e. Two story house w/ water heater in attic might have a good 20' of exposed hot pipe.

Warm water on demand is accurate. Still better than ice cold to warm to hot, though
Left FB years ago, but no doubt it's made the rounds.

The 20' is a +\- estimate Originally Posted by Iron_Man