So how do you explain the unexplainable?

So on recent appointment, I was in a slight, and I mean slight fender bender. No damages no one hurt.

It got me to thinking, what if this was a bigger deal where my car was totaled or if I was hurt...how in the hell do explain to the SO why I was in an area that I had no reason to be in?

Have any of you had this occur?
  • L.A.
  • 08-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Almost...was in an apartment complex in Garland and some dumbass in the parking lot was inches from backing into me as I was driving by. This was on a Sunday morning about 45 miles from home. I was thinking how in the hell could I have possibly explained that.
Accidents, someone you know seeing you, GPS tracking on phones, etc...I always have a story in my head to be prepared. Maybe you had to go to a store in that area, got lost and turned around in that complex or something of that nature.
Would love to be a fly on the wall when a client wakes up from a coma and his wife is standing there with the box of condoms she found in his front seat.

Ain't a story on the planet that's help you there...
Just tell her you hit and ran someone and you got so scared you drove at speed at random for a long time so distraught you were. Then you crashed. So outrageous she will believe it.
I got a speeding tix on the way to my ATF a few years back. Fortunately I have a parts vendor somewhat in the vicinity so splaining was cake. I was more worried about being gracious to the cop so he'd hurry up and just write the ticket and let me on my way quickly before the boner disappeared which he did. 👍
That's one of my biggest worries -- that my car battery will die after I am finished with my session and am trying to get out of there....
I also have that fear of an unexplainable event where I had no reason to be....actually had that happen to a client. He had an accident at Starbucks and was supposed to be in Phoenix for a meeting.
My worst nightmare. Haven't figured a stance that will pass the smell test.
Now this thread is entertaining......

Hey, I know CPR in case of a heart attack, have battery cables in case your car battery dies, and a shower I can offer for your after play freshen up. I know a cpl of gents who bring the same products as used at home which they keep in their brief case or maybe a shaving case they keep in their car.

As for accidents.....take defensive driving? Often? LOL
That's one of my biggest worries -- that my car battery will die after I am finished with my session and am trying to get out of there.... Originally Posted by Reverend Raincoat
^^^^had that at the popular place off the toll way, have always wondered if the gent that helped me was "one of us". Couldn't call AAA or anyone I knew, my "friend" went silent. I stood there with cables in hand and a desperate look. Guy stared pretty hard, made a u, gave me a boost, then took my spot as I left.

For the other stuff, like a wreck or similar. A quick search of CL to find a item for sale can build a plausible story of a good deal to be had that just didn't work out..helps with ATM withdrawal slips too
Suckers!
If you're married and don't have alibis for your hobby excursions, you're just setting yourselves up for failure.
If you're married and don't have alibis for your hobby excursions, you're just setting yourselves up for failure. Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
Never really need since I mostly hobby in areas that there is a plausible reason for.me being there...trying to figure out how to explaining being in north dallas, when my life is in fort worth...
Hey OP you've been around 5 years and this question is just popping up? I would follow these gentlemen's advice to the letter. If you can't explain your where abouts, is it really worth the risk? really?