The trial of Donald J. Trump

• oeb11
  • 01-28-2020, 04:30 PM
Diane Feinstein leans toward Acquittal!!!!!
Take a deep breath and steady theyselves - fascist DPST's.
  • oeb11
  • 01-28-2020, 04:34 PM
Did anybody see Alan Dershowitz tonight? I watched about 20 minutes of him. After listening to that, I could see Joe Manchin and Doug Jones voting against Trump's removal from office. He gave them cover to do that. Basically he argued very convincingly that abuse of power and obstruction of justice aren't impeachable offenses, based on the Constitution and historical precedent.

To be fair, I didn't hear any of the other arguments, and do not like the system we've got in the USA where everyone is a criminal. The incarceration rate should be a lot lower IMHO. Originally Posted by Tiny

Tiny - your second paragraph about the "US system in which everyone is a criminal"
I must take issue - the US Constitution clearly defines the right to presumed innocence until proven guilty in a court of law, and the right not to testify against oneself.

many countries do not have those protections.

yes, the US has one of the world's largest prison populations. It is a matter of concern. But not because we are all guilty before the fact.
^ The liberals and DPST hate the "Bill of Rights " because the first 10 ads stop the controlling idiots