Best Wireless USB Modem

I want to get the fellow board member's opinions on the best USB wireless service. I got AT&T's LG USB wireless modem and it sucks. I lose connection constantly, no device all the time ect ect. I will be returning it. I know that areas you are in have a lot to do with it but this is ridicules. I sm in the cypress area so if any of you are in the same area and have a wireless card is it pretty good for you?

Appreciate any input
  • Dad
  • 09-26-2010, 09:50 PM
  • bbkid
  • 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM
I used Sprint for a couple of years and have now switched to Verizon. Verison is a whole lot faster - and cheaper!
Shouldn't thi.................Oh, fuckit, Nevermind!!!!!
Already took care of that bm I got one in technical too lol
I use Clear Internet it's so so and drops connections.
When I bought it the I asked the salesman how my payments would be made he said I would pay them on line month to month.
Bullshit they debited my accounted automatically and if you cancel there is an early termination fee 120$.
There coverage is spotty at best and I live close to 290 and 43rd and I get one bar of coverage and I've got a booster.
the best USB wireless service. I got AT&T's LG USB wireless modem and it sucks. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
You going thru your wireless phone device or trying to WI-FI?
Can't use my phone as a device. It's wireless.
Can't use my phone as a device. It's wireless. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
I will PM you. I am in the process of setting up my mini-lap with a USB modem connected to my cell (or its replacement to accommodate the data transmission) ... hard wired, rather than "blued" wireless ... for security reasons ... and will let you know. I am concerned about the coverage, but you can go online and view coverages with ATT, etc.

FYI: T-Mobile and AT&T are in the merging mode, which will expand the coverage for AT&T somewhat. "T-Mobile" is currently negotiating extended leases on those about to expire to secure the tower locations. If you can "suffer" connections for awhile, it might be worthwhile to wait and see.
I have the iPhone and I don't think I can tether it to a laptop but I may be wrong now. I figured since I get good coverage with my phone then it would be good with the wireless modem. Man was I wrong.
Had Cricket also it was pretty good but slow.
I tried cricket also and you are right. It is too slow for my taste.
I figured since I get good coverage with my phone then it would be good with the wireless modem. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
... the voice and data coverages at times seem different, either no coverage or weaker coverage on the data side.

I will be shopping for the optimum fix within acceptable cost levels... ... as I said I will PM you with what I found.