Crystal Beach visit

I thought CB was pretty well destroyed by Ike a couple years ago.
I thought CB was pretty well destroyed by Ike a couple years ago. Originally Posted by Egrbvr
Nope, I'm still around.

CB
I'm goin' down to collect my free oil.... just gotta find a free refinery.....
will be like them cuzins the Clampett's.
The island is covered waist deep in seaweed, and the brown Pelican are a true beauty to see. Was there 2 weeks ago.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Seawe...-96517079.html
The island is covered waist deep in seaweed, and the brown Pelican are a true beauty to see. Was there 2 weeks ago.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Seawe...-96517079.html Originally Posted by subcilla
hmmm... got any pics of you rolling around in seaweed....butt nekkid ...
No Sir, i have major texture issues and literally cried trying to get to the water, and once i was there, cried all the way back, bc the water was filled w seaweed.
... i have major texture issues ... Originally Posted by subcilla
hmmm... I hear that a lot from providers when I take my shirt off...
Strange...that seaweed wasn't there when I lived on East beach in Galveston...of course that was 1981. Beaches are fun.
  • R.M.
  • 07-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Good luck . I sure have some great memories there...
I have a buddy that had two houses on Crystal Beach. We wnet down there after the Hurricane and I asked him if he wanted to go fishing(we used to go on the canal/waterway by the lighthouse back by the Mexican Rest.)
He told me NFW!! His house lost a Geo Tracker full of gas/antifreeze/other chemicals. The septic tanks/sewer of ALL the houses overflowed...it went into that canal allthe way to rollover pass. Then when the tides recided, all the crap went back out in the bay. Supposed to be MANY football field sized piles of crap out in the bay.
The Galveston/Boliver peninsula doesn't want people to remember/think about this. There is no way I would go out into the beaches especially Boliver Peninsula areas. Hell, the Crystal Beah area all the way up the highway east to the part of the road that is blocked(where you turn to go up to Winnie), had some reported cases of that flesh-eating bacteria BEFORE the hurricane...can't imagine what all the filth has wrought??

Just a caution to think about...and I used to LOVE going out to CB...damn shame...