Meeting Confirmation Issue

I basically stopped hobbying for a good part of this year due to work and work related travel commitments. I'm slowly getting back in now that my new project is in Houston and I will have a lot more free time.

Just wanted to share an experience I had this afternoon and wanted to get some feedback from both the ladies and gents.

Earlier today, I scheduled a session for this afternoon with a provider who has a couple of reviews on the site. She asked me to call back at 2 pm (an hour before the session) but I was late by 5 to 10 minutes in calling to confirm. She proceeds to tell me that in the future I need to call her at the time we agreed otherwise she will schedule with someone else. Of course that makes no sense, at least to me, considering she needs a minimum of 1 hour notice from all clients or she may have clients on standby) I was a little bit surprised by the statement considering I was only a few minutes late in calling, 5 minutes by my cell phone but 8 to 10 minutes by her clock. I told her I was only a few minutes late in calling her but she said it's closer to 10 minutes. For some reason this exchange really bothered me so I just canceled the appointment. She was stern but polite in her tone and never rude throughout the brief conversation. Maybe I was being a bit too sensitive since I"m relearning the hobby and the provider's attitude may be the norm now.

Just wanted to see if this exchange would have bothered anyone (both ladies and gents) else and (ladies perspective) to see if I could have handled it better.
Is the lady local?
You handled it fine........if her marketing skills do not allow her to realize the fantasy starts on the phone, move on.
Earlier today, I scheduled a session for this afternoon with a provider who has a couple of reviews on the site. She asked me to call back at 2 pm (an hour before the session) but I was late by 5 to 10 minutes in calling to confirm. She proceeds to tell me that in the future I need to call her at the time we agreed otherwise she will schedule with someone else. Of course that makes no sense, at least to me, considering she needs a minimum of 1 hour notice from all clients or she may have clients on standby) I was a little bit surprised by the statement considering I was only a few minutes late in calling, 5 minutes by my cell phone but 8 to 10 minutes by her clock. I told her I was only a few minutes late in calling her but she said it's closer to 10 minutes. For some reason this exchange really bothered me so I just canceled the appointment. She was stern but polite in her tone and never rude throughout the brief conversation. Maybe I was being a bit too sensitive since I"m relearning the hobby and the provider's attitude may be the norm now. Originally Posted by looper
I had a similar experience a few months ago. The description of your convo expecially the provider's stern tone makes me think it was the same girl. In general, this girl doesn't have the friendliest phone demeanor but is excellent BCD.
I think you were both wrong only based on your original deal. You could have contacted her on time one hour prior as you agreed. With the advent of text and other forms of communication I dont understand how that would have been difficult to to do.

On the other hand you probably dodged a bullet too. She probably was the type to double book and since it wasnt even your appointment time yet her ten minute leeway before not securing your time is sorta strange. You just should have better forms of communication availiable at your disposal. She could have also inquired about you at that time as well. Definitely before taking your time slot away. Of course this will probably be more of a hypothetical thread without a hobby name attached.
IBC-the lady is local.

HTH-The review makes her seem like she has great skills. Maybe I'll try some other day.

Gimme-I was on the phone with a friend and couldn't get off the phone but I think 5 to 10 minute delay is not really that big of a deal.

Thanks for the feedback.
5-10 minutes is a bit minor to trip on, but please understand for GK that if you're making an appointment and the provider asks you to xall back at a certain time to confirm,you should do so at or before that time. Some guys call and make appointments just for shits and grins, then NCNS. Its annoying as hell.

At the same time though, you need not be talked to like a little kid. She should be glad you called. My .02
Life happens - once had a similar experience - called a provider on the day of an appointment and left a message, hotel & room #. When she did not call back and time was getting short I called her again. She went crazy on me - who are you, where are you, are you LE? I asked her why she had not called. She says she called and the hotel said there was no one registered in that room. I asked what room number she had called - it was not my room #. I told her the correct # and suggested she recheck her message. She hung up on me. I didn't know what to think. She was either on something or that was just her way of canceling an appointment.

Blow it off and move on...
if you're making an appointment and the provider asks you to xall back at a certain time to confirm,you should do so at or before that time. Some guys call and make appointments just for shits and grins, then NCNS. Its annoying as hell.
Originally Posted by luxury daphne
I agree completely. For me, I wait 10 mins after someone was suppose to call and cofirm or turn up, and then I call them. If they do not answer, I assume they are ncns'ing me.

I know 5-10 mins may not see like a big deal to you, but for most of us girls, time is everything. She may have not had clients on "stand by" but think about it like this. You schedule for 3pm. Someone else calls her after and asks for 3:30 and says no way they can do later, so she tells them sorry bc she is already scheduled with you. You ncns her and by the time she has waited even 10 mins to realize this, it is now 3:10. She tries calling the other guy back but at this point it is either too last minute for him or he has found alternative arrangements. So not only has she lost you, but the other as well. (This has happened to me many times)

Another thing to consider as well, is that lots of girls only provide part-time and have school, other jobs, families, etc etc to attend to, and therefore the number of hours in a day we do get to see clients in is very limited and therefore precious.

I am not saying she was right in how she spoke to you, just explaining it from our perspective. Also, if she has never seen you before, if you do not turn up or call punctually, she will automatically assume you are ncns'ing.
I've had that happen to me several times also.. it's funny when they get put on the DNA list, then call back a week or two later when they think all is forgotten..
It's funny when they get put on the DNA list, then call back a week or two later when they think all is forgotten.. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
Yup, had the same thing happen!! Or have had guys I have given two and three chances and after they ncns me every time, I finally tell them sorry, I cannot see them ever again. Then they barrage me with texts and calls saying, pleeeeassse can they see me? I just don't get it. . .