Safe Hotel Locations in Jackson ...

Hello to all in the BEAUTIFUL city of Jackson, MS! I will be visiting this weekend and would love some recommendations of the areas that are not "hot" regarding LE, as well as ideal hotels. Rumor has it, it's best in North Jackson ... Feel Free to PM me ...
Stay on the north side of County Line Road up on I-55 north, (just north of the city limits) which is in Rankin County, not Hinds, or stay south and east of town out by the Airport in the city of Pearl, which is in Rankin County.

Stay out of Jackson proper and Hinds county. And, of course screen well and you'll be fine. Have fun!
LeaMadison is the go to lady for Jackson info

have fun!
Lea told me that Flowood was a good choice. I really like it! It's a really nice area, with a lot of restaurants & shopping. And of course, just far enough away from Hinds County & Jackson.
  • MrGiz
  • 03-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Wouldn't it be a bit wiser to advise safe areas via PM , rather than posting on the open board?
I suppose you're right. I thought that was still general enough, though...It certainly wasn't any more specific than my reviews here have been.
I agree with Ginger. As long as the recommendation is not too specific and the area mentioned is big enough, I doubt it would cause any unwanted attention.

JaG
But Giz does make a good point. I was trying to be general, but it is better to PM this sort of stuff.
Thx to all who contributed!
The Jackson area is a great place to visit, so far, the friendliest people and great clients!
The Jackson area is a great place to visit, so far, the friendliest people and great clients! Originally Posted by Nicolet
I'm sure your H'burg clients will be glad to hear this!

You always post such warm "Thank You's" after a visit to the "Burg".

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
I know I am late... but I sent you a PM...

Where ever you stay... screen screen screen!!

Smooch!

Lea
Biomed, I visited Jackson before I had the pleasure of visiting Hattiesburg. Both cities are warm and welcoming, Jackson just happens to be the FIRST Mississippi city that garnered that response. Forgive me if I showed favoritism.