Help the farmers; fuck the hungry

Maybe we've discussed this, but the House version of the Farm Bill defunds food stamps.

No Democrats voted for it, Eleven courageous Republicans broke ranks and stood up for Americas hungry.

Of course, we ALL know they're just a bunch of mooches anyway ... The hungry, that is, but somewhere in never never land, Jesus is pretty fucking pissed at the wicked douchebags who think the resent Americans.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ote-94046.html
Oh please.....defunds nothing. Simply separates food stamps from the farm bill to be on its own. Big deal.
The measure focuses solely on farm programs and would delay, at least for now, efforts to overhaul the country's food-stamp program that traditionally has made up 80% of spending in the bill.

"This process hasn't been easy and we still have a long way to go to get a farm bill signed into law," said Rep. Kristi Noem, R-S.D. "Splitting the farm bill is not ideal and certainly wasn't the path I would have chosen, but at the end of the day, we need to get a farm bill into conference with the Senate."

Noem told reporters that House leaders said they expect to vote on the food-stamp portion of the bill "in the next week or two." http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...-bill/2510185/
But your girl Sheila sure did get all Shrillary over it. LOL hilarious

It needs to split up, Food Stamps are 80% of the whole thing.

According to David Brooks they screwed the pooch. Gave the bucks to corporate farmers and cut the funds to the hungry which the majority are kids.
Pretty sure booze, cigs, and strip clubs is not what Jesus had in mind. The current law and EBT cards are a buy-a-vote joke, at best. Give to your local charity that actually provides food to the hungry, not the stupidity on the hill.

This is the way it should be. Each bill should stand on its own.
Separating the food stamp program out will make it more difficult for Republicans to reform and cut back spending on food stamps.
Pretty sure booze, cigs, and strip clubs is not what Jesus had in mind. The current law and EBT cards are a buy-a-vote joke, at best. Give to your local charity that actually provides food to the hungry, not the stupidity on the hill.

Originally Posted by nwarounder

Do any of your ATF'S accept your food stamps?
Do any of your ATF'S accept your food stamps? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You can't accept food stamps if you are on them.
According to David Brooks they screwed the pooch. Gave the bucks to corporate farmers and cut the funds to the hungry which the majority are kids. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
What and exactly how much has been cut again? Since there won't be a vote on for a couple weeks.
Mr Brooks ought to actually know what he's talking about before taking it to press.
Oh please.....defunds nothing. Simply separates food stamps from the farm bill to be on its own. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Which is exactly as it should be!

See more @ http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=769513&highlight=

(Note particularly post #13.)

I think this is an important discussion since it points up a prime example of congressional logrolling at its worst. For the last few decades, urban liberals have forged political alliances with farm state conservatives, so both parties have colluded in efforts to pork up the budget beyond all reason. Some of the worst abuses occurred during the 2002-2007 period, when SNAP eligibility was dramatically expanded -- and this happened before the financial crisis and subsequent severe recession. Messrs. Rove and DeLay (and a lot of their buddies) agreed to pass out a lot of goodies to urban progressives in return for having a free hand to dump tones of federal cash into the farm states (mostly "red" states).

Thus wrapping up farm support programs and food stamps in one bill acts as an enabling agent for big spenders on both sides of the aisle.

In my opinion, each program should stand on its own merits and should not be expanded beyond the level consistent with support that can be rallied by its congressional champions.
What and exactly how much has been cut again? Since there won't be a vote on for a couple weeks.
Mr Brooks ought to actually know what he's talking about before taking it to press. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

A 608 page bill passed the house 216 - 208votes..
A 608 page bill passed the house 216 - 208votes.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Again, I ask what has been voted on and cut? Food Stamp-wise

Farm Bill passes in House, without food stamp funding
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...new-farm-bill/

Lawmakers voted 216 to 208 to make changes to federal agricultural policy and conservation programs and end direct subsidy payments to farmers. But the measure says nothing about funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or food stamps, which historically constitutes about 80 percent of the funding in a Farm Bill.
There is nothing for food stamps they will vote on it later(If they get around to it) Want it separate.
There is nothing for food stamps they will vote on it later(If they get around to it) Want it separate. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
No kidding?