Where do you put your hobby phone?

• fawn
  • 07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I was at a party tonight and I was talking to a gentleman and he told me he really needed to get
a hobby phone, he asked if I got one where would I hide it so wifey doesn't find it, because sometimes
she uses my car...So where would you hide your phone?
Get a hobby phone that uses the same carrier. or example, I use AT&T. I can grab a Walmart phone, activate it, add minutes and then simply swap the SIMM card and presto my phone is now a hobby phone.

Remove and hide simm to revert back.

You can hide the phone itself anywhere in the garage as a dead phone because with no simm it won't betray anything. You can donate it if you want I'm sure. And those tiny SIMM cards can be hidden almost anywhere handy.

BTW, nice meeting you this evening!
  • fawn
  • 07-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Why thank you for that information honey....I hope this helps the gentleman that was inquiring......
and it was very nice to meet you to honey..
I leave mine in a small briefcase I carry, or at work. I scuffed it up on the outside so I can claim I "found" it in the parking garage...
I leave mine in my Golf Bag.
From reading posts here about hobby phones, I have learned that many of the ladies hide them in the crapper.

Torito
I too keep it in the golf bag and the story will go that I found it on the course and forgot to turn it into the office upon finishing.
From reading posts here about hobby phones, I have learned that many of the ladies hide them in the crapper.

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
OMG!

Coffee all over the flat screen.......
LL made an important point. Take the sim card out and keep it somewhere else. Assume the SO will eventually stumble across the hobby phone, or you will leave it in plain sight by mistake. Removing the sim card is another level of safety.
SIM's also have built in security. When inserted into a phone you can place a PIN number that will smoke the SIM if entered incorrectly. If you choose to keep numbers on there for memory those are safe from prying eyes.
  • Surge
  • 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM
I leave mine in a small briefcase I carry, or at work. I scuffed it up on the outside so I can claim I "found" it in the parking garage... Originally Posted by Papacorn

Great minds....

I totally go with this method...i just keep it in my work laptop bag that i never take outta my car!

I have been using google voice for a while now. You use your own cell phone. I send all calls to voice mail when not expecting hobby calls.

You have to be able to cover your tracks if she checks the individual calls on your cell and finds that number multiple times. My AT&T bill shows only the google number. I have a side business and have set the voice mail greeting to cover my ass.

I may have an extra google voice invite if someone really wants to use it. It works well for me.
I just leave it in plain site as a spare, and hide the simm. Like Lazurus said , you can hide the card pretty easy. I also keep all the memory erased andd only keepwhat I have to on the simm with no tie to my name.
  • Duke
  • 07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
I ride bikes a lot. Don't want to carry my iPhone on the bike, so I have a bike phone. It has a separate number and is my hobby phone.

So I hide it in plain sight by having a logical reason for a second phone.
Make sure you clear all of your messages out regularly. I got burned by not doing it frequently enough.