ADs Section?

Anyone else noticing that the ADs area is starting to look more like BP with all the >>>&&&^^^@@@~~~ StUfF In ThE TiTlEs.

Am I the only one that finds that annoying?

If so, let the bashing begin......
ugh its soo annoying, i'm with you on this!
It is, indeed, annoying. However, it is useful in the selection process. I don't pick those.
It is, indeed, annoying. However, it is useful in the selection process. I don't pick those. Originally Posted by rylstone
+1.
  • gucio
  • 07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
It turns me off just as much as plurals with Z's
Its an automatic "pass" for me. In my mind it just show that the provider is a bit immature for my likes. I know they do it on BP simply to attract attention to their headline and ad, but here its an entirely different ballgame. Every ad like this I have ever seen is from a lady that claims to be in her 20's (or 18-19).

Thats a big reason why I refuse to see providers under 30...and 40's are better.
Along with "refund gap +2's", that sort of typing screams avoid.

But, there is the ignore feature built into vbulletin so all you need to do is ignore the user id and then you won't be bothered anymore.

To ignore, go to the user profile, look for USER LISTS and select add to ignore list.

Pretty simple.
  • ~Ze~
  • 07-29-2010, 06:49 PM
It turns me off just as much as plurals with Z's Originally Posted by gucio
"Plural Z's" new code word or something? <- cause I'd like to get plurals with me...

(/end shameless plug)

Anywho- I find it hard to read.. and when life has to be difficult, I tend to find a much more relaxing route.
Agreed, it's annoying. I feel like I am back in middle school and some silly girl is writing hearts and swirls all over her notebook. However, theif the idea of doing that is to get your information noticed and since we are all talking about it, the concept is apparently working to some degree!
Its hard to read, and not in a good way. Think about your customer base your advertising to. You may think its cool, your customers on other sites, may enjoy it, but I don't think the average guy here is a 20 something dude who wants to see that crap.

Regular text will very rarely turn someone off. Getitng "cute" has a very good chance of chasing people away.
Most pimps posting ads for their stable on CL think it's a good way to hide their lack of even a basic middle school education by typing in what is kindly referred to as "ghetto" style.

Since I prefer to see true indy girls, any that have ads like that scream PIMPED to me and so I pass on by.