Need Advice - Provider Calling/Soliciting repeatedly

Happening for the first time so pretty freaked out. saw an AD in BP and sent a Text msg to a provider. the provider called me up later after some time but since I was going to meet someone else, I politely told her NO but then i am getting calls from the same number in the middle of the night and she has been calling constantly since two days. have you guys ever faced any kind of trials for extortion or something in such a case, if so any experience with how to handle it, Is approaching the cops the only solution? or is there a way out, I think the shame and embarassment that i might face makes me fear to death. I don't know how to block her number either

Please advise

As of now if this doesn't stop, I have decided to face the problem and approach someone from the Law, maybe a Lawyer first.
Is she trying to extort you or looking for business. Some BP girls are just starting and not aware of this site or some of the formalities of this industry. She may assume their is no SO in your life. When I first got to Dallas this happened to me with what is now a very well reviewed girl here. She would send me texts etc. I had no SO and it did not bother me, but it was brought up on the old site and she quit doing it and apologized to others including me. This is a business for these girls, so she may have taken your initial interest to mean that you do in fact want to see her. Perhaps she has a late rent or electric bill. Unless she has said something harassing, I would simply ask her not to call you or text you and you will get in touch should you want to see her.
i do not consider provider status for BP or CL. I save that term "provider" for the ladies of this board.

peace
atx
Well it's only been two days. Maybe she'll lose interest. ( I'm assuming she's just calling to ask when you'd like to see her. If it goes to voice mail every time for a few days, she'll likely move on to other numbers from calls she's missed).

Also, can you turn off your phone at night?

Is extortion something she's hinted at? Even if she has your real name (from your phone account) that's not much to blackmail a person with! She couldn't even describe you to your wife! ("Is he 30 years old, 5'5 with red hair? Or is he 50 years old 6'2" with a bald head?" or anything in between!)

Is this phone registered in your name? If this blows over, for next time get yourself a cheap pay-as-you-go phone at a drugstore and reload it with minutes you pay cash for. That way your hobby phone will never be tied with your name or credit card info.

With a hobby phone,you would text/call using that phone and then turn if off and hide it somewhere so you'd never hear random phone calls; just turn it back on when you get ready to schedule with someone.
Ugh! I hate it when they do that! SO unprofessional! Does Domino's call you every other day to ask if you are hungry?! NO!

I would suggest that you see more reputable providers from this board, but my personal experience tells me that they often times behave just as desperately. (NOT all of them but I can think of at least 10 off the top of my head) They will take down a relationship faster than a school of starving piranhas so I hope you are single.

Getting a lawyer is a little silly, so is calling the cops. What are you going to say? "Officer, I called this 'PROVIDER' off of Craigslist the other night and now she won't stop harassing me"? LOL! How about you go get a hobby phone and only turn it on when you are okay with being contacted? Certainly you aren't giving out your personal cell # to providers.
  • Lanny
  • 07-29-2010, 11:32 PM
I had this happen once awhile back...Provider even was sending VERY suggestive Pics!!!
I simply called the number and simply informed them that unless they IMMEDIATELY stopped contacting my UNDERAGE Son's phone...that I would have no choice but to get Law Enforcement involved....

NEVER heard back from that particular #....

Also, as has been stated many, many times on here and previous sites...if you got a relationship to protect...For Gosh Sakes...GET A F@#$%! HOBBY PHONE..

Peace Out.....Lanny

P.S.-Hi Sweet Dannie....
  • ~Ze~
  • 07-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Uh... if all you did was call a phone number... you can simply write it off as a mis-dial, and have your phone company block the number. <- then get an effing prepaid hobby phone and never have to deal with this drama again...

I fail to see how extortion comes into play from a simple phone call...
Have you tried to add google voice to your phone for hobbying? It will give you a different number that rings to your phone and you have the option to answer or send to voicemail immediately. That way you can have a bit more privacy without buying a new phone.
I had this happen once awhile back...Provider even was sending VERY suggestive Pics!!!
I simply called the number and simply informed them that unless they IMMEDIATELY stopped contacting my UNDERAGE Son's phone...that I would have no choice but to get Law Enforcement involved....

NEVER heard back from that particular #....

Also, as has been stated many, many times on here and previous sites...if you got a relationship to protect...For Gosh Sakes...GET A F@#$%! HOBBY PHONE..

Peace Out.....Lanny

P.S.-Hi Sweet Dannie.... Originally Posted by Lanny

+1, + hobby phone
. Very "out-of-the-box" thinking
  • gucio
  • 08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
You just call the number back and say "Hello ma'am , this is detective Smith from the Dallas Police department and I am investigating the homicide of Mr. Havit, we have traced a few messages and calls from you to this number,would you like answering a few questions ? "

I am sure she will hang up and not do it again.
  • gucio
  • 08-01-2010, 08:34 AM
If she doesn't hang up tell her you will send a patrol car to bring her to the station or she can answer a few questions of the nature of her relationship with the deceased.
I wouldn't go as far as calling the police, or a lawyer either. Just block her number, don't answer her calls and she will eventually give up. What a schyo.