Is There Something In the Water?

It seems an abundance of folks retiring from the hobby all of a sudden.
I hate to see them all go.
Is love in the air or what?
  • T-Can
  • 07-31-2010, 11:41 AM
I knew there was going to be this thread started!! But I did not think it would be you, looie!

I've also been thinking about stepping away but not some retirement thread or anything. Abby's is a realization (for me not her), Neotek's was/is (insert a non clever smart ass remark here), and the others I do not know.

I will never retire from this, just move on!
I can not speak for others, but for me, yes.. Love is in the air.

Some people just need a change.
I will stop having sex with everyone.
Looie,

It was just time. I was going to post it last week, but Abby called me before our regular session and told me about her decision. She beat me to it as I was going to tell her at our session. We had both discussed it a bit. Her for her reasons and mine for mine. I didn't want to look like I was copying her, so I waited. I also didn't want to search for a new ATF. She was the best by far, for my needs.

I can't speak for the others, but I hobbied because I was in a sexless marriage. Now that it is coming to an end, I feel less compelled to hobby. I found new interests to fill my time. I want to live a different life and do new things. I do hope to find a new mate some day. I'm not totally against marriage. Somewhere, there has to be a woman that can put up with me. Lol

Lastly, it's a domino effect. One goes and it gets others thinking about their life plans. Some will be back, others won't. I hope that I'm lucky enough to avoid it.
  • Fiero
  • 07-31-2010, 03:50 PM
I will admit to being a little cynical about retirements because the recidivism rate for those who make pronouncements about moving on is pretty high. I think the people that really leave just leave quietly. I always root for the ones like FTH to stay away because 1) he seems like a good guy and 2) he is moving on with a sense of hope and something better. I don't know you well but I hope for your sake we don't see you back.

I do think that when people announce they are leaving others may get motivated to try or consider it. I think many of the men sort of always have it in the back of their mind at least. I know the announcements made me consider it...mainly because I've seen Dannie (hey when you reach the mountain top where do you go next?) but also that seeing the hope in others inspires me to have renewed hope in my own situation.
I can understand a lady making an announcement if she was really retiring that day or a specific day in the next month or so. Don't understand the guys doing it. Seems like an attention seeking move. If you have friends and favorite ladies here, just PM them.
Maybe it's the fallout from all that BBFS that apparently was going on.

I will stop having sex with everyone. Originally Posted by Dannie
LOL Were you ever having sex with everyone, Dannie??? Cuz if you were, I must have had a black out in there somewhere. Dang it!

HM
Love IS in the Air.... Too bad the Air in in the Ukraine..........
Retirements run in cycles.

Ragnar used to say providers do not retire, they just become more selective.
I'm just on vacation, Jesus! No need to worry hehe!
I blame Brett Favre.
I keep getting older but the girls I see stay the same age! Allright allright!!
  • jfred
  • 08-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I can understand a lady making an announcement if she was really retiring that day or a specific day in the next month or so. Don't understand the guys doing it. Seems like an attention seeking move. If you have friends and favorite ladies here, just PM them. Originally Posted by BigEddie
I'm with you on that Big Eddie.

There's a thread running right now (serious, I assume) to the effect that, "I'm retiring. Well, really I'm just restless and thinking about it and am gonna retire someday." Umm, okay.

I wrote a long dramatic retirement notice once. It was sweet to get all the good wishes, but I'm still here and what exactly is "retirement" for a hobbyist, anyway?