A Newbie wants to know...

I have been a registered member for a while now. Many of you would use the word "lurker" to describe me. But I have kept up with the board, including ASPD, where I was a member. I have seen providers, some on BP, and some at a couple of agencies including Neko's cuteasabuttondates.com. It is simply a matter a choice that I do not post reviews, and I do enjoy seeing the interchange that occurs in these threads. Since I do not post reviews of verified providers, a provider I very much want to see is "semi" newbie friendly.
Now, before I explain myself any further, I am aware and understand that there are a number of providers that are "newbie" friendly. But, I do not want to see them, my choice, although that may change later. As a condition to insure her safety and being cautious about LE enforcement, she asks me to provide personal information to verify my identity and ensure I am not with LE. I understand, agree, and respect her desire to request this information before seeing a "newbie"

Having said that, I have 2 concerns about the provider(who for now shall remain nameless), who is currently posting on the boards. The first is in regards to discretion. The provider assures in her showcase that once the information, some work related, will be discarded, once verification is complete.I personally, am not 100% comfortable that equal measures to ensure my discretion, will be followed. Am I, other newbies, supposed to trust the provider, that this info will be discarded?? Some of you long time members may say, well, if you want to get in the game, that is a risk you have take. Perhaps you are right. However, what if the provider becomes angry, disgruntled, passed this info to other providers, gets caught by LE and has her hobby phone confiscated? Perhaps I am being too paranoid about this. Should I accept the fact that this risk is an inherent risk to hobby? I am interested in your feedback on this, especially long term premium access members.

My second concern is another requirement this provider has, for accepting a newbie. She wants a newbie fee of $100 added to the usual donation, in addition to her required information for verification. I do not believe I have ever heard of this. Even if a newbie fee had been asked by other providers, I do not believe it was that high. Because I really want to see this provider, I seriously may consider paying it, but I really am having a difficult time thinking this is fair. To be honest, I think I would feel stupid to pay it. Perhaps this is a way for the provider to cut down to a very select few clients.

I think most long term board members would say, well, there are other newbie friendly providers that do not require the fee...consider seeing them. There is choice. But I really want to see this provider, respect her desire to be cautious, but I think this "fee" is unreasonable. What is it for? Is she going to use it to run a formal background check that doesn't even run half that amount? Is she being greedy? In short, what other reason could there be to justify that high a fee? Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if the "fee" was $25 or even $50.

In any case, please weigh in on this. Some of you may blast holes in my line of thinking, which in a way, I am seeking.I really would value thoughtful opinions. I would appreciate your feedback.
I wouldn't do either , just move on to someone else . Then when you have better refs , try again !
To answer one of your questions about info... Yes your info is discarded. I delete all calls once you have walked in the door. Most of us have a throw away phone. And that phone is easy to discard of. Be careful on who you select. If you don't like the Newbie fee, then find someone else who is more friendly. Best of luck to you darling.
PSW1995
Betty
From one newbie to another: The higher your expectations the higher the risk for disappointment.
You already mentioned several things that you do NOT like, I really sense that you are setting yourself up for failure. Why take a risk that you are NOT comfortable with?

My recommendation: Find a similar provider, many experienced members here will be happy to identify comparable dream babes for you.
I would not agree either to provide personal information or to a "newbie" upcharge.

You say you have seen Verified Providers but not reviewed them - will those providers not vouch for you? References from a couple of verified providers is usually enough for a provider you want to see.

You should also look into getting P411 membership, and have the ladies you've seen give you OKs there. Makes this process so much easier.
The provider in question does not accept references from any agency. 3 providers I saw are now since retired. One is still active, but seldom comes to Austin since she lives in the Dallas area. I am considering the P411 membership, but i do not hobby that much. Thanks Fratelli for your advice.
I don't hobby that much either, but I still consider P411 well worth the cost. Best of luck to you.
  • kSoze
  • 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Not accepting references from agencies is very common among the smart UTR providers. The point of a reference is to get details of the overall experience with you. Most agencies are motivated by money as opposed to safety.

I think the $100 newbie RISK fee is a BRILLIANT IDEA, its a good way for the ladies to weed out the timewasters/troublemakers/low-ballers, etc etc and considering we all want our lovely girls to be safe.. Right?

Every industry does it i.e. (insurance, interest rates at banks, etc etc) more providers should adopt this practice.

If the $100 is really a (screening and safety) RISK fee, here is a counter offer idea..

1st date (donation +100), 2nd date (donation -100) sounds fair to me...

1st date (donation +100), 2nd date (donation -100) sounds fair to me... Originally Posted by kSoze
Nice idea... and good luck on getting that 2nd date !!!
  • kSoze
  • 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Nice idea... and good luck on getting that 2nd date !!! Originally Posted by fun2come
If you stick to the well known providers and they agree upfront, 2nd date (donation -100) will not be an issue.
But if it becomes one, report their asses so others can avoid those particular provider(s).
P411, P411, P411, P411, P411, can't say it enough times. A couple of provider OK's and your hobbying life will become easier. Once you have established providers that you see often, you don't need anything, just a quick text. I just saw one of my ATFs on Friday afternoon. Sent the text asking if she was busy, and 20 min later I'm in paradise.
  • kSoze
  • 02-09-2013, 07:54 PM
P411, P411, P411, P411, P411, can't say it enough times. Originally Posted by icuminpeace
a waste of good money in my opinion.. actual feedback is 10x better with most providers worth the trouble of seeing...
I screen, but no nosy questions or personal data is required. I have my own methods, and on occasion will see a newbie.

I can't say I have ever heard of a 100 upcharge for not having a reference, that is new to me. I guess that is part of her "screening tool"

peace y'all
Crystal
With 500 + choices out there , why would anyone agree to give a 100 deposit ? I'm rarely inclined to repeat . Used to as a newb , but only have 2 that I repeat now . I'll bet I'm not alone , and the deposit idea is a sure business killer !
P411 will open doors for you. Extra $100 LOL Yeah Right! What if you show up and your butt ugly like me, is that another $100 extra???

There is only TWO things I'm sure about...

1) You aren’t shopping for a wife, move on to the nest one.
2) 6/5 MartianMan has already screwed her. Drop his name. Tell her you read his review and thought you would give her a try. They don't want your cash... their loss! LOL