Clarification about the "Welcome Forum" please....

I want to make sure I understand the "Welcome Forum"....when I'm touring to a new city for the 1st time, it was my understanding based on the attached link (below) that I could post in the welcome forum introducing myself to that city.

Link: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=14533

When I posted a moderator sent me the following message......

"The purpose of the Welcome forums is for new members to introduce themselves one time during their first week while waiting to become verified. You are a Verified member and need to confine yoe ur advertising to the provider advertising forums".

Just want to clarifiy which is correct so I'm obeying the rules.....Thanks

I thought you could use them to welcome yourself to that particular city...I see that all the time Lacylynn. ?
Think you do the introduction to the particular city in that particular state section under the Introduction & Welcome Forum.
You can say "Hi" without posting an ad up.
Putting in pics? Ad.
Rates and availability? Ad.
"Hey I'm coming your way, please see ~link to ad~" Introduction.
Thanks, that's exactly what I do ....just wanted some clarification because that's not what I was being told by the moderator.
Lacy,

I see verified ladies go into the welcome wagon and say hi all the time. You could also do what some other ladies do......go into the CoEd of the city you plan on visiting and say, " Hi, I'm planning a trip to your city and wanted to not only introduce myself, but also ask for some ideas on what to do during my down time."
I am OK with a brief intro "ad" for a visiting lady in my local areas. Mine are not very busy though and I think other mods in the busier forums are a little more stringent.
Lacy, here is the infor provided for the forum:

Welcome and Introductions - Dallas
This local-based forum has been designated as a place to introduce yourself to the community, and to welcome new members, both male and female. Feel free to let us know about yourself here. (New Ladies: You may post your info here during your first week of membership, but please contact the local staff to request Verified Provider status. Once verified, you will be enabled to post in the proper advertising forums, build your Showcase, and access the ladies-only areas of the board)

Chipper
Chipper, correct me if I'm wrong but are you interpreting the welcome forum to say that once your verified you can't post in a welcome forum? I'm assuming so since you advised me in a PM that I couldn't when I tried to post.

Here's my take on what the Welcome Forum is saying...

New members can only post once until they are verified and then they will have other privileges....such as advertising forums and showcase but it doesn't mean verified providers can't introduce themselves when they visit a city. Again here's the link that addresses it....

link: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=14533
  • TBONE
  • 04-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Ladies
The Welcome and Intro. Forum is for NEW members(guys and girls) to say hello in their individual city.

Those ladies who DO NOT have VP status may post an ad ONE TIME before they are verified.

As Verified Providers you may post up to 5 ads weekly in any city forums you'll be available.

And you also have the Weekend Availability forum.

My suggestion: if you plan on traveling to a certain city,place an ad in advance of your visit.Put the days you'll be there and use your showcase for all information that can't be place in your ad.

Thanks all for your cooperation...we want you ladies to utilize Eccie to its capacity for ALL your advertising needs.

T
Thanks for the clarification, T. I will have to make some adjustments in my local areas.
Thank you for clarifying this. Too many verified providers seem to ignore this rule and use it as a third forum to advertise in.
Here is a suggestion. Why not create a new area for us VP to say Hello and introduce ourselves to a new community especially in the larger areas (i.e. Dallas,Houston,NYC etc..) than we can begin joining in the different rooms and topics without it looking like we are just jumping in from nowhere and no one knows who we are..Than when we set our travel plans than post them under Provider ads. Just a thought I guess until than the coed or sandbox will have to do. Please clarify this as well( As Verified Providers you may post up to 5 ads weekly in any city forums you'll be available.) yet the guideline states the following*****

#21 - Ladies, please respect our Provider Ad Posting guidelines, posted in each of the Ad posting forums. We welcome you to take advantage of every Advertising forum available, but please ensure you are posting in the right location, and that you are following the appropriate posting frequency...which is currently 1 ad per week in your choice of 5 city forums or subdivisions. ******

That seems a little confusing to me? We can post 5 ads in one week in say Dallas? or One ad per week per city forum up 5 cities?
If your about to visit a city and want it more "advertised" without advertising. Just respond to casual threads in that city and place tour dates in your sig. line.

Responding to threads vs. starting threads in another city always comes off less blatant/tacky.
Here is a suggestion. Why not create a new area for us VP to say Hello and introduce ourselves to a new community especially in the larger areas (i.e. Dallas,Houston,NYC etc..) than we can begin joining in the different rooms and topics without it looking like we are just jumping in from nowhere and no one knows who we are..Than when we set our travel plans than post them under Provider ads. Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
Not a bad idea.
That seems a little confusing to me? We can post 5 ads in one week in say Dallas? or One ad per week per city forum up 5 cities? Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
One ad per week, per city, up to 5 cities; in the provider ad section. Plus 1 ad per week in the weekend section...but only in the city you will be in that particular weekend. No future/visiting ads in the weekend lineup.