Real life over Hobby life

I believe that I just had a provider find her way to my shop. Not just any provider one that I have been really looking forward to meeting. Im am 99% sure it was her. She is even better looking in person and we had a great conversation. I am smitten now.
I have a provider that is a customer already and it is a great relationship I could see having the same deal with this person also, but I am not sure how she would feel about it. If she had met me BCD already then that would be one thing but I am not sure how to deal with this. Should I send her a PM? Or say something in person? Is it better to just forget all about it. ? She will be back on friday, I am counting the minutes (kidding).

Thanks for any advice on this
Sling
  • hd
  • 03-27-2012, 02:02 PM
IMO, I'd go for it. BUT, when you see her friday I would not make any discussion about who or what she does. Keep it business only, for whatever it is you're doing for her. I'm only assuming it sounds like auto repair?

If/when you contact her about scheduling an appointment with her, I would tell her you've met each other prior during normal business transactions, and ask if she's uncomfortable, if so then pass on it and apologize.

She may recognize your voice, and oh yea, use your hobby phone. She may have your bizz number in her speed dial.

That's what I think.

I'm looking forward to reading what some of the ladies have to say.
I would shoot her a pm. Ask her if she came into xxxx shop. Like stated above I would not discuss anything but what she is there for on Friday.
I say go for it! What have you got to lose? Nuttin'! Funny, I have a friend who does the exact same thing you do!
Go for it... pm her
Go for it dude!!
  • anita
  • 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM
You will never know what could happen if you do not try and pm her.
Before you "go for it", read ALL of her posts on this and other forums. Do your research about her personality first. If she's catty, bitchy, vindictive or just smarmy, do NOT go for it. When things go south and odds are they will, you will suffer for it!
I say go for it! What have you got to lose? Nuttin'! Funny, I have a friend who does the exact same thing you do! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
That is one lucky friend you have

Thanks for all the great advice guys. I think I will try to come up with a tasteful way of sending a PM. Im not sure if I should wait until after friday or send it now.
Before you "go for it", read ALL of her posts on this and other forums. Do your research about her personality first. If she's catty, bitchy, vindictive or just smarmy, do NOT go for it. When things go south and odds are they will, you will suffer for it! Originally Posted by johnnylongcaulking
Thanks I have done that some already. She does not take any BS from anybody , but she seems level headed and not the kind to out someone. She has alot to lose also in this area so I dont think she would be to inclined to do that. The things I worry about is Her outing me and Her afraid I may do the same, or that she cannot feel comfortable around me if she declines to see me.
I believe that I just had a provider find her way to my shop. Not just any provider one that I have been really looking forward to meeting. Im am 99% sure it was her. She is even better looking in person and we had a great conversation. I am smitten now.
I have a provider that is a customer already and it is a great relationship I could see having the same deal with this person also, but I am not sure how she would feel about it. If she had met me BCD already then that would be one thing but I am not sure how to deal with this. Should I send her a PM? Or say something in person? Is it better to just forget all about it. ? She will be back on friday, I am counting the minutes (kidding).

Thanks for any advice on this
Sling Originally Posted by slingblade
I wanna shop at your place.
In no case, say anything to her in person that you know who she is. Personaly, I would not say anything to her. It would be one thing if you had already met her in the hobby. But, as some ladies may not wish to mix RL with hobby and might not see you at all in either capacity. Be very carefull how you approch her if you do decide to tell her you reconized her.
But, as some ladies may not wish to mix RL with hobby and might not see you at all in either capacity. Originally Posted by Bubba3452
That is one of the things I thought also. I dont want her to feel uncomfortable whether she chooses to see me or not.
I would not tell her anything about anything until you have researched her, met her, had fun with her and gotten to know more about her. Even then, I would approach the subject as a "what if " or rhetorically.
Go for it!

You never want to wonder "what if"