why the Locked threads

Way to many . Some one must be happy.

Kansas is not open to free thought?
well, all looking to be well trained here.
Kansas is not open to free thought? Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Kansas is one of the most narrow-minded places I have hung my hat. Although there are a few pockets of redemption.

As far as locked threads - there's a new sheriff in town and he's doing his best to keep things civil. I support him in his efforts. He has a thankless job and no many people would take it.

Fritz isn't an egotist, he doesn't close threads as a sign of power, he's simply trying to do his best. You can't keep everybody happy.
He can't be allowed to moderate outside of the stated rules or even the normal protocol unchecked. To do so tips the balance of power unfairly in their favor. Next thing you know they'll be telling you what rates you should be paying.
He can't be allowed to moderate outside of the stated rules or even the normal protocol unchecked. To do so tips the balance of power unfairly in their favor. Next thing you know they'll be telling you what rates you should be paying. Originally Posted by boardman

Oh hell no.
Oh hell no. Originally Posted by MsElena
Marshal Matt Dillon: You're looking pretty tonight, Kitty.
Kitty Russell: How is it you never tell me that in the daytime?
There will always be trolls. Some people just take joy from causing others pain. These people will not pass up an opportunity to do this, which is why people from far distant locales who have never before partipated in our local forum suddenly appeared here to offer their sage advice. This cannot be helped. And it won't ever stop.

Understanding this, what always confuses me is why people respond to their comments. That's what they are looking for. That's what gives them satisfaction and encouragement. The best policy, always, is just to ignore them. If they don't have an audience, they will go away. As they say... Don't feed the trolls.

<There will be no further comment of any kind from me in this thread>
Just because its a troll doesn't mean that its sense of propriety can't be offended with certain juxtapositions.
There will always be trolls. Some people just take joy from causing others pain. These people will not pass up an opportunity to do this, which is why people from far distant locales who have never before partipated in our local forum suddenly appeared here to offer their sage advice. This cannot be helped. And it won't ever stop.

Understanding this, what always confuses me is why people respond to their comments. That's what they are looking for. That's what gives them satisfaction and encouragement. The best policy, always, is just to ignore them. If they don't have an audience, they will go away. As they say... Don't feed the trolls.

<There will be no further comment of any kind from me in this thread> Originally Posted by Adeptus32
Hang the troll
But what did the troll do that was wrong
nothing, in fact one of are own did the troll wrong
so why hang the troll
not one of us
but that's not right
do I have to remind you of
Hang the troll
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
When the mod can't mod, the "close thread" button is his only tool.

my points taste like chicken.
In before the lock
Under the wire, too.
It's actually entertaining...I've seen a few people die by my hand...never before have I seen someone ask for the gun to do it themselves...

Fritz...you've already been told you can't edit threads to suit your own whim...when you edit someone's post to "remove offensive language toward a board member" yet leave other comments from the locals such as "retarded", "get a real life", "pathetic losers", and my favorite "bitch" (which was from your favorite hooker BTW) you doom yourself.

You've already been warned by your superiors...now you're blatantly telling them to fuck off...good luck with that...

Even your fellow Kansans are seeing your mistakes now...pretty soon not even another "Save Fritz" thread or a hoodie march will save you...
Sorry to disappoint you, but your rants are humorous.

It's actually entertaining...I've seen a few people die by my hand...never before have I seen someone ask for the gun to do it themselves...

Fritz...you've already been told you can't edit threads to suit your own whim...when you edit someone's post to "remove offensive language toward a board member" yet leave other comments from the locals such as "retarded", "get a real life", "pathetic losers", and my favorite "bitch" (which was from your favorite hooker BTW) you doom yourself.

You've already been warned by your superiors...now you're blatantly telling them to fuck off...good luck with that...

Even your fellow Kansans are seeing your mistakes now...pretty soon not even another "Save Fritz" thread or a hoodie march will save you... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Do we do this again in June?

I am setting my summer calendar......ijs.