My Probable Retirement Thread

I'm posting this so rumors will not get started and I won't have to respond to several inquiries.

I have met some wonderful people here and some know of what I have been going through recently. Today I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am not asking for pity or sympathy (I can find that between shit and syphilis in the dictionary). I just want your understanding and good thoughts as I go forward.

The next few months will be trying as I go through surgery, radiation, or both. It is uncertain at this point what my recovery will be like. But it is entirely possible that my hobbying days are over. I hope not but if it is I have lots of great memories. If not I certainly look forward to renewing old acquaintances and hopefully making some new ones.
Best of luck, Ditty! Hope you beat it. Prayers sent.
Good luck to you, sir. I hear it's very treatable; look forward to your return.
I hope nothing but the best and pray that your treatments are successful and not too miserable to endure.
Dittybaby,

Several of the men in my life have been diagnosed and have beat that shit with a wet rope! I will be thinking of you in the weeks to come, as I know the initial fight is hard. You'll be back to chasing ditties and titties in no time! Keep yourself healthy and stay in touch on your vacay!
  • fawn
  • 01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Ditty, I am with Jenna on this one, I to have a really good client that has recently gone through this, and he is doing fine and is back in the saddle again... So I wish you all the best sweetie, and I hope we see you back here real soon....
My father beat it back in 2000 when he was sixty and he is still with us.he had the seeding option done.another friend of mines father had the radiation therapy for eight weeks at m d Anderson in Houston and beat it.most elderly men die with it,not from it.stay strong my friend.dollar14 out.
Good luck Ditty, My father had it several years ago and his father before him and two of his brothers. I get checked regularly, it seems it runs in some families. Take care of yourself. May I ask how old you are?
Ditty,
You will not get pity or sympathy from me, but you will definitely have my SUPPORT! We're going to beat this, sexy thang!
Dude - I am sorry your test came back with that answer.
As the great ladies above have said, you can beat that shit down! You are too good a guy to get knocked down, so I look forward to seeing you back again!

Good thoughts with you!
Ditty sir, I am greatly saddened by this news. I know you're a strong person and will beat this small detour in the road of life. My prayers and thoughts will be for your speedy recovery.
Ditty, I am sorry that you have to go thru this. I know you will beat it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Be strong, stay positive.....
Ditty, allow me to offer some words of encouragement from someone who has been there and came through just fine. It's been 16 months since I had surgery, and for me it's much less scary looking back than it was beforehand looking forward. Keep your chin up and hang in there. You can do this.
Your in my prayers.
Good luck, Ditty.