Do any of you know about a website that helps fund ~projects~

Hello Everyone~

I cam across a website called www.kickstarter.com

I am personally in the process of recreating my life and came across this website. The site is focused on helping people achieve their dreams.

I hope it is helpful to anyone working on a ~project~
Thanks for the info!
Melissa Joan Hart is the latest celeb using kickstarter to put together inital funding for a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqsNtqxOw6Q

This is how the Veronica Mars movie got started.
I know a few people that have leveraged kickstarter to create fairly big products. Since I have started following some of the projects on the site I have noticed you need the following to be successful with it.

1. A solid and understandable idea.
2. A great presentation
3. A solid plan for the funds
4. A reasonable goal

If you miss the goal by even a small amount it doesnt get funded so you need to put a lot of time into the entire presentation. I try to fund locally first and I also try to fund new ideas. The people that want to make oak iPhone cases will never get my funding, but that is the beauty of the site. Just because I think it is a dumb idea doesnt mean that others dont appreciate it.
I know a few people that have leveraged kickstarter to create fairly big products. Since I have started following some of the projects on the site I have noticed you need the following to be successful with it.

1. A solid and understandable idea.
2. A great presentation
3. A solid plan for the funds
4. A reasonable goal

If you miss the goal by even a small amount it doesnt get funded so you need to put a lot of time into the entire presentation. I try to fund locally first and I also try to fund new ideas. The people that want to make oak iPhone cases will never get my funding, but that is the beauty of the site. Just because I think it is a dumb idea doesnt mean that others dont appreciate it. Originally Posted by bigryan222
I am just like you BR: I fund one girl at a time, making sure I don't miss my goal. I know my presentation is small, but with the right "lotion" it comes to life, and is considered jaw dropping, sometimes a mouthful. I also fund locally first, new ideas or positions it's all the same to me. Oak wood iPhone cases is like using a wooden dildo, not a very good idea, but they shin up really nice when wet.