COVID jab = 2x likely to get shingles...

Safe and effective... lol... always hilarious to watch the jabbed come and defend their decision to take experimental drugs...

Real-world evidence from over one million COVID-19vaccinations is consistent with reactivation of the varicella-zoster virus

• Tiny
  • 01-12-2024, 11:08 AM
Safe and effective... lol... always hilarious to watch the jabbed come and defend their decision to take experimental drugs...

Real-world evidence from over one million COVID-19vaccinations is consistent with reactivation of the varicella-zoster virus

Originally Posted by texassapper
Well, there's a simple solution for that. Get the Shingrix shingles vaccine! I did, along with the flu, COVID and RSV vaccines on one day back in October. My first vaccine quadfecta!

Given that the Shingrix vaccine is 90% effective, your paper would imply the probability I'll get shingles over a 60 day period is 0.02%, versus 0.11% for people who haven't received the COVID vaccine. So I'm over 5X less likely to get shingles than the unvaccinated (for COVID and shingles)!
I've gotten the shingles vaccine, and I'll just simply say it burns like a MFer, and it's a two shot regimen.

However I do see a flaw in the research in the OPs referenced material.

Literally, there is no indication to analyze if COVID immunized folks were taking additional risks of exposure to gain an increase in contraction of shingles. The only hypothesis that is in their document is that the existing HZ virus is innate in all people, which is not true, and that taking a vaccine, actuates the virus. Since the premise that it's being reactivated would assume, that it's already in every human, you would have to believe that first in order to follow that logic.

Sorry but that does simply not compute.

That's not to say that there could be some validation of the fact that taking any immunization could increase internal virus activity / but the science of inactive virus currently in the body vs. riskier behavior or exposure or the results of newly contracted virus is not taken into account.
I am unsure the OP actually understands the 2022 report he’s citing or the data therein.

But that doesn’t stop an antivaxxer from antivaxxing.

Wev’ve had all our shots. No shingles.
My father took the Shingles vaccine when he was 85. About a month or two later he came down with Shingles. It was on one side of his neck and very sensitive every time he would turn his head. He never took vaccines until the last few years of his life. He passed at the age of 91 with no diagnosis of any particular disease.
I was redoing my roof with 20 year recycle shingles thinn and I never had and vaccine, whish I did my hand swell up and my elbow. I got poke with a ground up nail. Be careful of recycling roofing because there grind up nails with shingles. There will poke you and cause a infection.
I was redoing my roof with 20 year recycle shingles thinn and I never had and vaccine, whish I did my hand swell up and my elbow. I got poke with a ground up nail. Be careful of recycling roofing because there grind up nails with shingles. There will poke you and cause a infection. Originally Posted by Ripmany
Hahahahaha, Stand up comedy is your calling.
Hahahahaha, Stand up comedy is your calling. Originally Posted by Levianon17
It a true story everything say on here is true.
It a true story everything say on here is true. Originally Posted by Ripmany
Yeah but your story has nothing to do with the disease Shingles.
Not really a significant risk.

Conclusions
Consistent with the hypothesis, a higher incidence of HZ was statistically detectable post-COVID-19 vaccine. Accordingly, the eruption of HZ may be a rare adverse drug reaction to COVID-19 vaccines. Even though the molecular basis of VZV reactivation remains murky, temporary compromising of VZV-specific T-cell-mediated immunity may play a mechanistic role in post-vaccination pathogenesis of HZ. Note that VZV reactivation is a well-established phenomenon both with infections and with other vaccines (i.e. this adverse event is not COVID-19-specific).
In other words, we really don’t know…

Yet that doesn’t stop the antivaxxers from using inconclusive evidence to support their incomplete claims.
It cause by roofing material and the virus mutation just like a old new bucket of dry wall mud with black mode or pt wood having a smell and mold. I work in maintenance and cleaning I know about this. Trust me.
It is interesting that shingrix advertising on the TV was increased from 2022-23

Shingles advertising remains flat to sloping downward.
Had an annual physical exam . Based on my age (70+), he recommended that I get a Shingles shot. Haven't yet but I'll be seeing him soon on another maqtter and we will talk about that again.
  • Brot
  • 01-14-2024, 08:09 AM
COVID jab = 2x likely to get shingles...

This is not the conclusion they came to, it would be more accurate to say there was a statistically significant correlation.

Also of note from the article: "VZV reactivation is a well-established phenomenon both with infections and with other vaccines (i.e. this adverse event is not COVID-19-specific)."