Is ECCIE Political Section bias in Moderation? Otherwise, where is everyone?

Damn. I don't step on this site as much as I used to but enjoy the *banter* found on this section of the site.

Wow. Where is everyone? I come here looking for our favourite posters and banned, Banned, BANNED! Like whack-a-mole.

Haven't done a count of the number of demos and repubs but it seems like if you are of the donny ilk, you ain't being allowed to hang around.

Why would all the truth social crowd want to post here if there is a target on their back from the Mods?

Ima just mindlessly poking at the subject.
Feel free to post in the Forum IAW the Eccie Guidelines.

A spirited debate is acceptable.

When the "discussion" degrades to the level of

• insults,
  • unnecessary rudeness,
  • derogatory racial comments
  • and other violations of the Guidelines,
Then Staff is forced to take action.

Bottom line is, post IAW the Eccie Guidelines, and Staff remain silent.

Further, no actions will be required by the Staff to restore the Forum to compliance with the Guidelines.
I said this recently-- if you stay within the guidelines, then the mods won't have an issue

But-- if you insist on the name calling, racist comments, violations... and even above and beyond-- carry your beef into other forums, then you lose your ability to complain when the modcats shit in your litter box.

Further-- if you cannot state your stance without breaking the rules-- do you really have a valid stance?
Many years ago, it used to be most people were liberal on some issues, conservative on others. Now too many of us either cling to our "tribes" on all issues, or are stereotyped and perceived that way.

You know it's bad when people who might be inclined to agree with you won't do so, because they think you're on the "other side" and they don't want to give you the emotional satisfaction of expressing agreement with your viewpoint.

Bottom line - if people were less fucking predictable in their political views, it would be impossible to accuse the mods of bias or unduly favoring one "tribe" over another.
Damn. I don't step on this site as much as I used to but enjoy the *banter* found on this section of the site.

Wow. Where is everyone? I come here looking for our favourite posters and banned, Banned, BANNED! Like whack-a-mole.

Haven't done a count of the number of demos and repubs but it seems like if you are of the donny ilk, you ain't being allowed to hang around.

Why would all the truth social crowd want to post here if there is a target on their back from the Mods?

Ima just mindlessly poking at the subject. Originally Posted by Precious_b

Dunno....is the "truth" social even a thing any more?

I said this recently-- if you stay within the guidelines, then the mods won't have an issue

But-- if you insist on the name calling, racial comments, violations... and even above and beyond-- carry your beef into other forums, then you lose your ability to complain when the modcats shit in your litter box.

Further-- if you cannot state your stance without breaking the rules-- do you really have a valid stance? Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Wha?!?! Say it ain't so.
Our dear ol' ellen possibly guilty of the above?! And it was her who stated libtards are a bunch of hate mongering meanies.
Dunno....is the "truth" social even a thing any more?

Originally Posted by matchingmole
Relax, mole. I doubt your kinfolk even know how to do the social media thing.
But-- if you insist on the name calling, racial comments, violations... and even above and beyond-- carry your beef into other forums, then you lose your ability to complain when the modcats shit in your litter box. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
What’s the problem with racial comments? Like that murder rate thread, race is a huge factor. Banning the mention of it ruins any validity the discussion might otherwise have.
Comments about race is one thing-- racial slurs are another thing entirely. I'd also say there is a vast difference between mentioning race and denigrating an entire race.

Its called having the manners and good sense to be able to state and argue a point without having to resort to certain tactics in order to attempt to elicit a response in kind.
Of course not, ECCIE is always fair and balanced and makes absolutely no mistakes.

No, truth social is not a thing. No one uses it.
Dunno....is the "truth" social even a thing any more? Originally Posted by matchingmole
Join us on Twitter.

Comments about race is one thing-- racial slurs are another thing entirely. I'd also say there is a vast difference between mentioning race and denigrating an entire race.

Its called having the manners and good sense to be able to state and argue a point without having to resort to certain tactics in order to attempt to elicit a response in kind. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Well, that’s not what you said. Racial comments and racist comments are not synonymous.
Ahh-- pedantry. You know exactly what is meant by what I said. But nonetheless-- I fixed it. Happy?
Actually, I took your comment at face value. Fact of the matter is, in the vast majority of media they conflate the terms. Any mention of race automatically assumes the the person making the comment is racist, especially if it puts a certain race in a bad light. This is a HUGE problem, and the reason problems in certain communities will never be solved.
Relax, mole. I doubt your kinfolk even know how to do the social media thing. Originally Posted by lustylad