cowboys

hey cowboys fans......

lifelong steeler fan who happens to have great respect for the cowboys of the 70's , no respect for jerry jones though

do you guys believe this years cowboys are for real or will they crash back to an 8-8 team again?

my steelers are nothing to brag about so far this year but the cowboys are looking good despite having a boss thats, well..... I wont say

memories of the steelers/cowboys super bowls were some of the best played games ever
the Cowboys are for real...

L.C. Greenwood and Jack Ham were Gods..
Cowboys, cowboys, all you cowboys fans are in for a heart break sooner rather than later. Hasnt history not thought you anything, its only a matter of time before the heart break comes and a new thread is opened on how much the cowboys suck
Cowboys, cowboys, all you cowboys fans are in for a heart break sooner rather than later. Hasnt history not thought you anything, its only a matter of time before the heart break comes and a new thread is opened on how much the cowboys suck Originally Posted by macbeth1000
The sun will even shine on a dogs ass from time to time.

GO BOYS!

I could give a fuck about Jerry. Fuck him. The Cowboys are bigger than he will ever be.
The sun will even shine on a dogs ass from time to time.

GO BOYS!

I could give a fuck about Jerry. Fuck him. The Cowboys are bigger than he will ever be. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
You know why Att Stadium is called Jerry's world? Jerry Jones is the cowboys and the cowboys = Jerry Jones.

When Tony fucks up at the critical moment in a playoff game then let the cowboys hating start.

For me Denver is the team to beat, they should have won the super bowl last year but have no fear, they have it this year and the next.
You know why Att Stadium is called Jerry's world? Jerry Jones is the cowboys and the cowboys = Jerry Jones.. Originally Posted by macbeth1000
I don't, and never have called Att stadium Jerry's world. Cowboys are bigger than Jerry will ever be and Jerry = fuck stick.

Jerry could die tomorrow and the Cowboys would still rock on.
A guy was on the radio today suggesting payton manning is the greatest qb to ever play the game.........

bullshit--- the rules have changed sooo much towards giving the offense greater ease to score and protecting the qb (any of you guys remember the mel blount rule?) could you imagine bradshaw, roger or the snake being able to play under the current rules? and could you imagine payton being able to get up after the 70's steel curtain or the dallas d pummeling him to the ground? I think not

that was football-- comparing todays game is a joke
The girls have been the most overrated team since the 60's.
A guy was on the radio today suggesting payton manning is the greatest qb to ever play the game.........

bullshit--- the rules have changed sooo much towards giving the offense greater ease to score and protecting the qb (any of you guys remember the mel blount rule?) could you imagine bradshaw, roger or the snake being able to play under the current rules? and could you imagine payton being able to get up after the 70's steel curtain or the dallas d pummeling him to the ground? I think not

that was football-- comparing todays game is a joke Originally Posted by chizzy
Yeah ya had to be tough back in the day. It was a mean and nasty game. As much as I like and respect what Aikman did for us (one of my all time favorite quarterbacks) he was so untough. His career would have barely started before it was over due to injuries. It didn't take long to separate the men from the boys.
Jerry Jones in the GREATEST owner of all time!!

"There are 5 important keys to selling. Number 1, ask for the money. The other four I can't remember." ~ Jerry Jones
The girls have been the most over-hyped team since the 60's. Originally Posted by pyramider
FTFY - there were times they won a few, times they lost a LOT, but the marketing machine never stopped. The issue at hand is that the team has rarely been equal to the jive, not that they haven't partied in parity with the rest of the league at times.
could you imagine payton being able to get up after the 70's steel curtain or the dallas d pummeling him to the ground? I think not

that was football-- comparing todays game is a joke Originally Posted by chizzy
Yeah ya had to be tough back in the day. It was a mean and nasty game. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
I can't imagine a George Blanda today.. playing 26 years.. quarterback and kicker.. or even Danny White, quarterback and punter..let alone Sammy Baugh, halfback, passer, punter, all-round tough guy.

of course, those guys couldn't imagine an internet forum, where soft, middle-aged and older men congregate to discuss how the current crop of NFL players are Wimps, LOL

of course, those guys couldn't imagine an internet forum, where soft, middle-aged and older men congregate to discuss how the current crop of NFL players are Wimps, LOL Originally Posted by Chung Tran
You had to go there!
Chizzy, Steel Curtain vs Doomsday Defense. Great memories from when I was growing up watching football with the boys in my family. Fun for me remembering the past so fondly.
You know why Att Stadium is called Jerry's world? Jerry Jones is the cowboys and the cowboys = Jerry Jones.

When Tony fucks up at the critical moment in a playoff game then let the cowboys hating start.

For me Denver is the team to beat, they should have won the super bowl last year but have no fear, they have it this year and the next. Originally Posted by macbeth1000

Yeah, wow, you may be onto something here....perhaps one or (even) two whole plays in the first half and that game's completely different, right? LOL
You're kidding, aren't you, macbeth? (gawd, I really kinda hope you are....otherwise, what kinda nonsense is that?)

That was as complete a beat down as we've ever seen in a championship game.....how on earth do you back up the "should-have-won" claim? I mean, I appreciate Peyton as most everyone else does; but let's be real here.....that was a No Contest by halftime and the entire world knows it (well, 'cept you, it would appear). Ahhhh, moving along.....

Agreed....this year, the Broncos look better (than last year) and to be positioned to make another run. Defense looks faster....Sanders is a significant upgrade over Decker.....and Hillman looks to be faster / more skilled than Moreno was at rb.

But as we all would acknowledge, it's an awfully long season.....and Lombardis usually aren't handed out in late October. Lots can happen between now and booking those February flights to Arizona (let alone thinking about winning another one the following year....another statement that screams out, "put the cr*ckpipe down, sir!")

As for your other ramblings....meh....Dallas fans have been hearing that same worn out drivel for years....if you're gonna hate on the Cowboys, isn't it high time we see some new material instead of the same ol' regurgitated crap-ola?