Two Pigs Labeled 'Fidel' and 'Raul.'

Cuban Human Rights Group Says Short Detentions on the Rise
HAVANA — Jan 5, 2015, 3:26 PM ET
By ANDREA RODRIGUEZ Associated Press

"The Cuban government carried out a record number of detentions of dissidents and political activists last year, an independent Cuban human rights group said Monday.

"The Cuban Commission for Human Rights and National Reconciliation recorded 8,899 short-term detentions of dissidents and activists in 2014. That was about 2,000 more than the previous year and four times as many as in 2010, said the group's head, Elizardo Sanchez....

"[A] list of those detained in December includes expatriate artist Tania Bruguera, who was briefly held and released at least three times since her return to Cuba late last month to organize a performance art piece involving the installation of an open microphone in Havana's Plaza of the Revolution for Cubans to speak about their country. Authorities launched a round of brief detentions on the day of the planned performance, which did not take place.

"Also included in the list is graffiti and performance artist Danilo Maldonado, who other dissidents said was arrested last month in or near a square in central Havana as he attempted to release two pigs labeled 'Fidel' and 'Raul,' the first names of Cuba's current and former presidents. The right group's report said he was being charged with the crime of disrespect for authority, which carries a one- to three-year prison sentence."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...-rise-28008000
  • WTF
  • 01-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Yet we seem to have no problem with the Saudi Government and their wonderful record on Human rights.

The list could go on and on, why is Cuba such a big deal and all the others overlooked?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Yet we seem to have no problem with the Saudi Government and their wonderful record on Human rights.

The list could go on and on, why is Cuba such a big deal and all the others overlooked?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Originally Posted by WTF
Cuba, you owe us $7 billion

Behind the trade embargo lies a huge and nearly forgotten obstacle: the still-active property claims by American companies. Inside the effort to settle a 50-year-old debt....

“The US government is obligated by law to defend the claims of US citizens and enterprises whose properties were expropriated by the Cuban government,” wrote Harvard professor Jorge Dominguez, a top Cuba scholar.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/201...BNO/story.html
With no guarantee -- except for the embargo -- that it won't happen again.
Oh Jesus.

Yep, IBIdiot. That embargo sure worked. It helped create more poor people than the GOP!
Oh Jesus.

Yep, IBIdiot. That embargo sure worked. It helped create more poor people than the GOP!
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
The embargo did work, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM. No American citizen acting in accordance with the terms of the embargo has had his or her property seized by the Communist regime in Cuba, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.
You're still pissed that so many slaves never made it from Cuba to the U.S.

Is that the property to which you refer?
You're still pissed that so many slaves never made it from Cuba to the U.S.

Is that the property to which you refer?
The embargo did work, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM. No American citizen acting in accordance with the terms of the embargo has had his or her property seized by the Communist regime in Cuba, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM. And you can read the article for your damned self, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM: Cuba, you owe us $7 billion
  • WTF
  • 01-06-2015, 08:52 AM
With no guarantee -- except for the embargo -- that it won't happen again. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
That is wtf some business people call the cost of doing business. There is a certain risk/reward in doing business in other countries.

Do you think American Companies in the middle east were justly compensated when those government nationalized their oil fields?

Why is Cuba so special in this regard?

Why is Cuba the only country where if they get a foot on dry land then they are here legally? Why not Mexicans? Is there government so great? Is their Human rights record sterling?
With no guarantee -- except for the embargo -- that it won't happen again. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Will that pertain to the loss by the Mafia also?
That is wtf some business people call the cost of doing business. There is a certain risk/reward in doing business in other countries.

Do you think American Companies in the middle east were justly compensated when those government nationalized their oil fields?

Why is Cuba so special in this regard?

Why is Cuba the only country where if they get a foot on dry land then they are here legally? Why not Mexicans? Is there government so great? Is their Human rights record sterling?
Originally Posted by WTF
Comrade Fidel confiscated property belonging to "American companies" AND private citizens. Comrade Raul is already demonstrating that it will be "business as usual" and there will be no remediation in regards to "human rights". And Odumbo has imperiously granted de facto amnesty to millions of Mexicans, so your question is moot.
I'm surprised none of you fellas have responded with something like: "In the 1930s, Mexico took our oil companies' shit AND still invaded the US!"

https://history.state.gov/milestones...45/mexican-oil

HMMM????
I'm surprised none of you fellas have responded with something like: "In the 1930s, Mexico took our oil companies' shit AND still invaded the US!"

https://history.state.gov/milestones...45/mexican-oil

HMMM????

General 'Black Jack' Pershing and staff in Mexico, Pershing 4th from left. Pershings aide, Capt George S. Patton 5th from left.

The U.S. reaction to Mexican expropriation of oil assets was ... it had no objection to expropriation as long as the Mexicans agreed to compensate the oil companies....

[O]n April 18, 1942, the U.S. and Mexican Governments signed the Cooke-Zevada agreement, whereby the Mexicans agreed to pay roughly $29 million in compensation to several American firms, including Jersey Standard and Socal.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1937-1945/mexican-oil
Yeah, dipshit, we quoted the same website.

Then you already know why the US went so easy on the Mexicans at the time.
Yeah, dipshit, we quoted the same website.

Then you already know why the US went so easy on the Mexicans at the time.

You are the stupid jackass that was comparing apples to oranges and included a website that clearly stated that Mexico -- quite unlike Cuba -- compensated U.S. companies for the private property that was confiscated, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.

General 'Black Jack' Pershing and staff in Mexico, Pershing 4th from left. Pershings aide, Capt George S. Patton 5th from left. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Don't forget Colonel Sherman Potter, 2nd from the left...