Chat forum?

• ~Ze~
  • 11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
The "old" board had one to discuss things about chat.

I think we should have one too...

This would be a great place to post the "Chat Rules" or discussing new rules or problems members are having with chat.

Also it would allow for others to discuss things like adding on different rooms. A few ideas thrown out there being, a girls only and a no pics room.
Dear Ze,
I love you....
....and your brain.
The "old" board had one to discuss things about chat.

I think we should have one too...

This would be a great place to post the "Chat Rules" or discussing new rules or problems members are having with chat.

Also it would allow for others to discuss things like adding on different rooms. A few ideas thrown out there being, a girls only and a no pics room. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
I so agree, I have noticed it's like a free for all at times in there and a meat market. That's not really fun.

Maybe rooms such as: The Play Zone (pics allowed with out a lady being asked to share) , The lady's room (providers only - something like the powder room just to share and talk about our biz a place where ladies can also meet up to discuss references if needed), and something like dallas's The Sandbox - light and fun.
Personally I find it a bit frustrating when ppl haven't identified whether they're male or female and their location. I can't understand why someone woudn't want to provide that info as its very general. I for one would also like to see the location on the chat list itself so it would stick out where ppl are without having to use context click.

For me personally i'd find this info useful for seeing who's local.
I'm finding the preponderance of Eccie members to be rather more thoughtful than other boards I've participated in and love the ideas I'm seeing.
In all reality, should you visit other chat rooms around the USA, you'll most likely find uncomfortable environments, quite unlike ours, which seems to self level itself.
For example: In another room the other night (a friend sent me a chat log screen shot) where a guy was calling a girl a stupid, fat, n***h whore and there sat the moderators watching the whole time. When the girl complained of this behavior, she was booted from the room with no explanation.
I find in our room, people take the time to offer up differing opinions on stuff like this and others pm me or email me with screen shots so I can take the time to address the issue with the offending member.
In most cases, it is true, chat rooms are generally a free-for-all where people can attack, insult or abuse others with NO chance of any moderation.
In ours, we start off with a really great group of NICE people who are willing to speak out and NOT allow this kind of thing to happen.
I say bring the GREAT ideas and we'll see how it comes to pass in discussion with Administration.
However, we have a safe haven compared, and should continue to make it that way for all of us.
tra4fun
Super Moderator/Chat Moderator

Just keep in mind, anything worth having is worth working for. This is a work in progress and much like Eccie itself, it will continue to make improvements every day.

The Japanese have a word for this............Kaizen, which embodies the spirit of continual improvement.
Personally I'd like to see city specific chat rooms. I like talking with people that could easily decide to meet if so desired for a drink or whatever.
Constant spamming of pics is annoying! Some ladies come in and post pics over and over and over again with out hardly a breath.

I know we are lucky to have generally a great bunch of ppl here.

From another ladies stand point: It makes other's feel like we need to post a bunch of pics too. A few is ok, exspecially when a gentleman ask's - a funny pic going along with the current conversation makes most laugh!

I think many would like "Class not trash"
yeah... where is Papa Noel when you need him?

or

Maybe the chat crowd could police itself and tell beople who are offensive to STFU and LEAVE.

Just a suggestion.
In general the chat crowd 'does' police itself and for the most part nobody seems to have a need to tell anyone to STFU and LEAVE.

My first rule in chat is NO ABUSE, treat and speak to others as if you'd like to be treated and spoken to yourself.

Other rules ala tra4fun....

No sexism
NO racism
No homophobia

No untoward foul language or name calling

No solicitations (all of these discussions can be had privately)

ENJOY YOURSELF.

Pretty easy stuff, let's see if there are other ideas that might stick to the wall.

tra
  • motor
  • 11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
I have to admit, the other night when I was in chat, it seemed to almost be a constant stream of pics. I personally don't mind the pics. But, when it starts to interfere with whats going on then maybe it is time to do something to resolve the issue. I am really not sure if limiting the pics is will work. If you get a few people sending them then it will be overwhelming just the same. I don't envy the Mods job at all. I give them credit for doing what they do.
yeah... where is Papa Noel when you need him?

or

Maybe the chat crowd could police itself and tell beople who are offensive to STFU and LEAVE.

Just a suggestion. Originally Posted by cpi3000
And some do ! lol
Sorry but I've seen plenty of times when there needed to be someone to tell someone to STFU and leave. Not only didn't they do either, they escalated. And with no chat mod around...
I'll repeat guys.....
If you encounter abusive behavior and/or blatant insults, copy/paste or screen shot the chat and pm it to me or email it to me at tra4fun@eccie.net or tra4fun@gmail.com.

That's 3 different methods of reaching me. If I'm available, my phone DOES buzz when I get an email, I will read it and come pay a visit. Again, IF I'm available.

IF I am not, I will pm the party/parties who have made the choice to behave poorly and deal with it in private. Meanwhile, even if I were in chat I would deal with it by pm, privately, rather than escalate or insult someone in front of a chat room.

>Sorry but I've seen plenty of times when there needed to be someone to tell someone to STFU and leave.<

This means you've had plenty of opportunities to report the abuse. Here's a sure fire method of having a Moderator deal with the perpetrator(s).

tra
i seriously agree
There is this great feature built into chat, it's called block and if more chatters used it there would be less problems. Someone spamming pic's? Click their name, select block and nothing they say or post will be seen by you from that point on. Same thing with someone discussing something you don't wish to see, now if what is being discussed is against ECCIE rules and not just something that offends your fragile sensibilities, then by all means, report it! (we need a posting of the chat rules as they are slightly different, slightly looser pic posting rules but I do agree some guide lines for pic posting is needed) Take a screen shot of it(don't know how, google it) and send it to Tra, I have several times done so to rid the room of offenders. If you don't report the issue, it can't be fixed and you shouldn't complain! It's OUR chat room we need to be proactive not reactive to the issues.