4 half-score and 7 years ago... today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSD8tpoSz0

Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the Moon.. I always felt sorry for Michael Collins, who stayed in the rocket ship manning the controls.. important role, yes, but he must have felt gypped..
Wrong. Total hoax perpetuated by the lizard people.
I remember where I was. Watching them on B&W TV, saw them land and step out on the moon. It was a Sunday afternoon. The night before I walked my first date from the car back to her house, stood on the front porch, looked up at the moon and remarked that they were up there. And didn't have the guts to go for a goodnight kiss. I was such an idiot then. I'm not sure I've learned all that much since.
The night before I walked my first date from the car back to her house, stood on the front porch, looked up at the moon and remarked that they were up there. And didn't have the guts to go for a goodnight kiss. I was such an idiot then. I'm not sure I've learned all that much since. Originally Posted by billw1032
Ha! great story.. funny how events in life are well-recalled when they happen close to historic occasions. I bet you've kicked yourself over and over for that failure, LOL
Saw your thread title and thought you'd received an advance copy of Trump's speech tonight...

37 years ago...and I remember watching it, too...I think Collins suffered from "moon envy" a few years later, lol.
I was 6 and remember we were all gathered around the communal black and white tv in the foyer of our apartment building.

We didn't have a tv in our apartment and most everyone else in that 6 stories building didn't had one.

The communal tv was where all the tenants and friends gathered around in the evening to catch up on each other's day's events.

The adults will smoke and drink and argue and my siblings and I will play and socialize with the other kids from our building and from other buildings.

No this was not in the USA.
Not nit-picking your math, Pro...but I believe it was 47 years......

Saw your thread title and thought you'd received an advance copy of Trump's speech tonight...

37 years ago...and I remember watching it, too...I think Collins suffered from "moon envy" a few years later, lol. Originally Posted by Prolongus
Not nit-picking your math, Pro...but I believe it was 47 years...... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Lol...you are correct, sir...
Remember watching Walter Cronkite's reaction. He probably wanted to say FUCK YAAAAAA!!!!!!
He probably wanted to say FUCK YAAAAAA!!!!!! Originally Posted by Prolongus
No doubt. And if he'd have tagged that with SLUTS UNITED!!! I've an idea where Walt's long lost son ended up.....
It was an awesome and expensive movie.
It was an awesome and expensive movie. Originally Posted by EDMAN115
yeah.. I suppose the arguments could go on forever, asking if the whole mission was worth it. but one thing for sure, it did yield a lot of psychic reward.. EVERY child at that time wanted to be an Astronaut.

and how many times have we seen Kennedy's quote that we will put a man on the moon by the end of the decade, as an example of American strength and resolve?
And it was night time here in the US when Neil steped onto the moon. I was at the national Boy Scout jamboree in northern Idaho. We all went to a drive in theater where they showed the landing live for us. One of those moments you will always remember where you were
  • snarl
  • 07-26-2016, 07:03 AM
Goddamn, you people are old.

:P
yup, old , but we still need lovin to
It was late afternoon in California when viewed.