Very Disturbing Text Message at 4am!

Someone texted me at 4am saying I have been reported to the authorities and that they have pictures of me with men and now vice is coming for me....what the hell is this??
You didn't get a name? I would just ignore it, baby...somebody's idea of a stupid joke...
No...they didn't give me a name. I don't even know how they got my number. What's scary is that there's someone saying that they're watching me and taking pictures of me.
They also said that my apartment has been notified as well which scares me even more.
I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Ugh. I assure you none of it is true. Fear is the greatest manipulator and that's the tool of choice for some smaller minded individuals. Just don't hand them the tool. Refuse to believe it. Delete the text and block the number. Don't let anyone ruin your Christmas.

All the best.
Either competition or someone's pissed-off SO found your number on a carelessly placed phone.
I have learned that Usually when someone has to announce something like this.. It holds zero truth!!
If this were true..they would not want you to know about it.

It's called the Barking Dog.

I would not let this ruin your day sweetheart, but I am so sorry someone has upset and worried you.
Either competition or someone's pissed-off SO found your number on a carelessly placed phone. Originally Posted by Hercules
This would not surprise me...it's happened before.
Thanks you guys. I was so worried and panicking. I have been crying all morning and trying to figure out what to do.
Sorry to hear this happened to you. It can be very distressful. This exact same thing has been posted before. It has happened to men and women on Eccie. I doubt they actually know who you are and are not actually watching you. It is just an idle threat. Forget it and move on. Hope you have a great day.
Slim, Sorry to hear you are the recipient of such vindictiveness. As everyone prior to my post has agreed, this is a bogus attempt to upset you. Obviously this has worked to a degree. Once your head is out of the emotional cloud just take a moment and think about it. Do you really think that someone would turn over photos to the authorities and then warn you about it. If they really wanted to have you picked up by vice, would they warn you in advance? Probably not. They would sit back and watch it unfold.
Again, sit back, listen to your confidants here at ICCIE, then have a stiff Blood Mary and realize that you are a much better person than they will ever be. Why, because you bring pleasure into this world while they are filled with nothing but bitterness and hatred.

Be safe!
You apartment and the 5-0 will need more than that to take any action. If confronted, deny everything and don't crumble to intimidation.

That said, I highly doubt anything will come of this. It's easier to make empty threats than to follow through on them.
Slim,
Sorry you have an idiot trying to screw with your mind. Just ignore them.
You guys are right...they would need a lot more evidence than photos...plus, wouldn't 5-0 ask them why they're stalking me in the first place?? And how can they prove I'm getting into a man's car to hobby? I use Uber a lot and he could have very well taken pictures of me getting into an Uber car to go to the store. Now that I can think rationally, there really are too many loose ends to make for a solid case. There isn't much you can do with photos of someone getting into a car...right?
You'll be fine, baby. Very sad that somebody has nothing better to with their miserable, tortured life.